No I’m not marketing. I’m just amazed at how it’s not the fancy pieces or most expensive pieces that tend to get the most use. I think by far many expensive and or “fancy” if I may, pieces of furniture or any item for that matter does not see as much use as more common items. (Duh you say) :) I am convinced that there is not much peace of mind to be found in in objects that are almost “roped off” in our homes, offices, or studies, workshops even i...
Well, after milling the stock and making a new tenoning jig for the table saw I was ready to cut the tenons on the aprons of the table. The jig was worth the effort and I was able to do a first dry fit of most the table parts. There’s more info in this post on my blog along with pictures of the new jig and the process. Take a look and thanks for reading!
Since my last entry I have spent one and a bit days working on the bench.This has involved sizing the verticals, cutting the tenons on the ends of the verticals and cutting the mortice for the stub tenon in the stretchers. SizingSizing the verticals was done on the jointer, table saw and thicknesser. The jointer was used to get two side straight and at right ankles to each other. The dimension for the width of the vertical (that is from the side, not the end) required that it be about si...
After a few weeks away due to travel and rainy weather, I was finally able to finish the table. The formula I was following was similar to what I used on an earlier folding step stool water based Transtint dye, sprayed shellac, and then as this was a table, Arm-R-Seal oil & urethane topcoat. I started with the dye, first wetting everything to raise grain, and then light sanding with 220 to knock down the stander uppers. I then mixed the Transtint Mission Brown dye power with distiller...
I started these tables a while ago, while I was recovering from surgery. Most of the time spent so far has been turning the legs. I made the proto- type last year and posted in my projects. The task at hand is dry fitting the mortise and tenon joints all 36 of them. This is going slow but I have one table near completion. I am telling myself to continue the dry fit for the other two tables and wait and glue them when I finish dry fitting the other two tables. I would be interest...
I make a wall shelf for my sons room out of pieces from an old bunk bed. Fun project and satisfying to re use material. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byAL3nPUvFQ&list=UUoiFVDvzJX8tXXF5GsUPc_Q&feature=share
Hey Everybody, In this episode of the Teen Age Woodworker I make a pretty cool Arts-and-Crafts style picture frame out of Oak for my cousin. Some things that i go over in this episode are half blind dovetails and making a simple triangle peg. here’s what the finished product is. ! Well I hope that Everyone likes it! ( and just in case anyone notices the front says Teenage Wooworker, I know i just forgot to change it, Enjoy the show) Well I hope that everyone liked it...
Over the last couple of days before and after work I have had an assembly line of sorts going on in the shop for the glue up of the side, top and bottom panels of the cabinet case. I am up to 3 done and one more in clamps as we speak. As each one came out of the clamps and a new one went in I went about cleaning up and flattening the faces with a myriad of hand planes and my scraper. I purposely made each panel slightly oversized just in case I needed to rip a glue joint and re-joi...
The desk is finally finished. My niece wants to stain and poly it herself so I’m done with it at this point. Back up to any of the other blogs for background info on this build. The second picture shows the drawer open and the keyboard tray extended after the front cover is pulled down. A magnetic latch holds it in a closed position. Next build: believe it or not, a pellet stove box to hold stove pellets, made to look like a couch end table. Hmm.
The 7×8 lean-to shed is going to be delivered tonight. This is a simple but sturdy Amish built shed with a roof that is about 6’ at one side and 5’ at the other. We plan on having between 10 and 15 chickens to free range and rid our yard of ticks, since my husband has been afflicted with lyme disease. The structure does not have any windows or ventilation, nor any “chicken-furniture”, so I’ll have to modify it. This is my first big remodeling/woodworki...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1612 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 96 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- ScrollSaw Information and Resources - 68 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1637 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 279 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 222 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 198 entries
- Rustic - 188 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 187 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- robscastle - 181 entries