This is actually the second in the series but I didn’t understand how the blog system works. The first in the series is a separate blog entitled TV stand. I will eventually put this on my website in more detail but here’s a shorter version of some of the problems and success of making my TV stand. I wish I had some plans or I had more knowledge about building furniture. Because I don’t the project just isn’t moving along very fast. What started me on this project was ...
After a month of development based on the feedback I got here, I finally managed to release Carpenter Pro, this time, it calculates how many plywood sheets are needed to finish your project and get detailed cutlist diagram for each stock sheet needed. It allows you to specify the dimensions & grain direction for your stock sheets material, specify the dimensions and the required grain direction for each part you need to cut for your project, and set the kerf amount, then watch this app ge...
I just wanted to update on the status of the class and inform every one of the delay. For those of you that do not know, I had a misfortunate (stupid?) accident and broke a bone in my right hand a couple of weeks ago. I was hoping that I had progressed far enough beforehand that it would not affect the class. Unfortunately the bones are not healing correctly and it is taking longer for ir it to heal. I tried again tonight, but do not have enough dexterity or hand strength to sand while I...
With so many types of slides out there, there are different ways in which to install them. So here is another type of slide installation. I hope this is informative for everyone.
Ok, I’m back… Had a bit of an issue with the bending iron. It seems it is rather delicate and putting it on high (10) is a no no. It’s a Watlow ‘Firerod’ embedded in the aluminum tower. The current flow at 10 apparently burns out the element? It requires about an hour to get to bending temperature – and had I read the sheet that it came with… It was repaired free of charge and henceforth I will be careful to mind the dial! Nothing past 5 from no...
Hello friends. After more failure with the wooden screws I decided to order some dust collection attachments for the router and order some more maple dowels. While I waited for those to come in I worked on the top and legs. Here is a quick pictorial tour of my progress. Flattened the top. This is the first real workout for the #7! Worked great. Square edges, stool as board jack. First real workout for the #5 to. I love it, it really gets the work done fast! I decided a 2.5” to...
One of the best things about Lumberjocks is that an individual can be exposed to so many different ways to do the same task. While you are working in your shop, you aren’t really exposed to too many different ways, normally the way you were taught, or how you figured it out, tends to be the way we always end up doing things. This way might not be the most efficient or productive, but it does get the job done. My question for everyone is how do you do the following task: I”...
How to build a Desk Top Easel Recently I built a desk top art easel for my mother for Christmas, She requested one from Santa, but since he is busy making toys for all the boys and girls, the task was up to me. This Easel is a great gift for the artist in your life. A fun build and a beautiful piece. The easel is made of Walnut and Oak it features two trays which can hold all of your paint supplies, as well as a paint pallet made from birch. The brass hardware and Oak Splines really set...
Finally, the tail vise. Back in the design stages of the bench, I looked at all the various ways people hold wood. I knew at the time where this bench would end up for a good portion of its life so I made decisions based on that. I toyed with a couple of things, a tool trough (I think this is a good idea however only if you can walk all around your bench and not so deep, an inch would suffice), an end vise, the swing out arm vise (I am sure there is another name for this). In the end I settle...
Not too long ago I bought a sheet of baltic birch plywood for a armoir project for my daughter (pics to be posted at a later time). I was going to use the plywood for the drawer parts because it was being hailed as splinter free when using it in a dovetail jig. NOT I tried using backer boards in the front and back and still got tearout. If the ends didn’t tear out then the last layer of the ply de-laminated. This made fitting them and glue ups a pain in the ass. I know I coul...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1634 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- ScrollSaw Information and Resources - 68 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1659 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 279 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 228 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 198 entries
- robscastle - 188 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 188 entries
- Rustic - 188 entries
- Chris Davis - 184 entries