!http://(Mortise 2)!I was at a local joinery the other day so I decided to pick up so lumber for the lamp table project I was thinking of doing. I picked up some 2×2 american white oak. I went home that day and cut the oak down to 4 18inch lenghts for the legs. I marked the mortises out using a mortise gauge and decided to route the mortises out as i have never tried this method before. ( I’m a hand tool guy ) For this I though I’d go out ant treat my self to a new router bi...
biog is all new to me and I hope this will help me to get beater.. I just got done with my first project it is a coffee cart for my church. The first Sunday it was used I could not go or I did not want to go .I did not want to hear if it was bad workmanship or you should have done it this way or not bad for you first time . but my wife told me it was all good come backs and they all love it . I learned a lot from this project and I will do better on the next project I do .I should not say ...
Sorry for double post. The picture size was causing problems so I had to split the entry. In the last blog entry, I completed the feet for the sofa table and the joinery to connect them to the legs. In this entry, I will cut the remaining pieces for the base, complete the joinery and glue it up. It will look like this. First step is to create for table apron sides. Since the apron stock was only surfaced and jointed on one side, I rip the apron stock to final width. And cro...
Well I got the eight 10 footers done, now have to make the four 4 footers. Got the rest of the Red Cedar cut and milled too. This little project has set me back $175 for the Western Cedar, on sale at that, and $30 for the Stainless Steel Screws so far. Good thing I didn’t do a cost analysis first. It just kinda amazes me that I dropped 200 bucks on something this simple, hope it works and lasts. If nothing else it will look better and make it easier to tend the gardens so at least it ha...
Back in to the breach! As we approach ever nearer to Christmas day, my wife has been insisting that I return to the shop posthaste and build a fireplace surround for an electric unit we purchased last month so she can hang the stockings, etc. I figured that this project shouldn’t be that difficult. The fireplace itself contained instructions as to the opening size required. I already knew that I wanted to build a comprehensive unit based on a 1907 Stickley built-in design that inclu...
If you’re a crab or a seagull on the Washington coast, there is one guy that has just become a part of the coastal scenery. His rugged figure just blends into the coastline. Blending in is helped by the fact that he’s usually lugging around a piece of drift wood that is commonplace on the inlet near Tokeland. His bent form under the weight of the wet wood perfectly mimics the shape of the gnarled piece he carries. (Read the rest of the artical at http://roguefineliving.com/)
Greetings. I have been watching Norm for 25 years or so. He always jointed board edges to get a perfectly straight glue joint. Marc Spagnuolo (sp?) on The Wood Whisperer seems to do the same. I have not had any problems with my straight joints. Recently, I have been watching Tommy Macdonald due to the new show Rough Cuts. He uses something called a spring joint where, after the boards are jointed straight, he uses a hand plane to create a slight dip in both boards. When this joint is c...
I haven’t done one of these in a while. The build was a bit excruciating. Took 6 days, about 10-12 hrs. per day. Started on the Thurs. before Thanksgiving. That was an easy day. I just ran around getting all of the materials together and did some initial layout work and rough cut the plywood sides. These were full height and were too awkward to move around, so I used a straight edge and my new PC 8902 router to get the edges of the plywood ready for the face frames. Once the first side ...
Currently ongoing construction is a jewelry box but big enought to be called as armoire. I have done it in 3 sectors: the foot, the lower drawers, and the top drawers. THE FOOTThe first difficulty is to decide whether I can make a short cabriole leg for the front. That was a long process due Narra that I have is medium hard. Additionally, I dont have bandsaw and I have to use jigsaw. I bought 4 inch jigsaw blade. It was not a perfect one but it was okay. The secret chamber will also...
Today I got off work early and the weather was +10 so I spent some time in the garage. I dovetailed the maple drawer and got the second walnut corner post turned. I had also glued up the 8 board stripes last night so I did some flattening to the board to prepare it to be crosscut. The dovetails turned out good on one side, but on the other I have some gaps so I might put some shims in at glue up. I have the drawer bottoms planed to thickness but still have not decided for sure if the drawers ...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1037 parts
- Extremely Average - 325 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 85 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- Just for Fun... - 72 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- Workshop Development - 64 parts
- 52 Weeks - 52 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1059 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 384 entries
- Ecocandle - 326 entries
- dbhost - 318 entries
- Martin Sojka - 294 entries
- Karson - 288 entries
- MsDebbieP - 283 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- William - 210 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Stevinmarin - 197 entries
- mafe - 186 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 182 entries
- Rustic - 182 entries
- PurpLev - 159 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 146 entries
- scottb - 144 entries
- kosta - 144 entries