After a month of development based on the feedback I got here, I finally managed to release Carpenter Pro, this time, it calculates how many plywood sheets are needed to finish your project and get detailed cutlist diagram for each stock sheet needed. It allows you to specify the dimensions & grain direction for your stock sheets material, specify the dimensions and the required grain direction for each part you need to cut for your project, and set the kerf amount, then watch this app ge...
Quick post here – 0400 comes awfully early… Here is my rough drawing of how I will lay out my shop. NOTES: ShopVac will be under the bench ShopSmith is questionable at this point, but it’s the only jointer I have right now, so it stays for now Brown rectangles with thick black border are workbenches Restricted area is immovable, lost space The purple area is the lazy susan that will hold the 4 tools as noted If you’ve got ideas, recommendations or ...
I recently posted a project called “Milk Bottle Tops & Scrap Wood”, http://lumberjocks.com/projects/57351 There was some interest in the concept & some of you requested a blog on how they were done.So I thought I should get on with it before I forgot the whole process. LOLThe whole idea started from a need to cut down on all the scrap pieces of wood and composite material lying around in the shed.We all have those bits that we won’t throw out. They will come in ha...
In part four of our bent lamination dining room table project we finally complete the legs.We will look at how I go about cutting mortises using the drill press and hand tolls,we will also fine tune some tenons, then its finally onto creating the cross support and bending some dowels.Check out http://www.JordsWoodShop.com for more woodwork related goodness
Take two speaker boxes that are worse for wear, and kind of water logged. Then say, “heck they aren’t exactly cheap speakers either. ummmmmmm” Mission speakers. Remove guts of both speakers. Put in plasted container and seal. Turn round and now say… “ummm now what?... followed by a gulp, ”...and he wants two… hmmmm “ Okay we first made a router jig so we can do some nice daedo to fit the speakers into and then finish the cross cut tab...
Have completed my experimentation with finishing, it is time to finalize the table top. I cut the frame pieces for the table top from the same stock I used for the legs and sides. This turned out to make the table top glue up a little more complicated because I ended trying to place a 3/4” panel in a frame made of 15/16” thick stock. Note that I cut the long members a little wider than the short members so that I can trim them for a final fit around the panel (I will expl...
For all Details…Check out the following link….. Box Joint Fence for the Dado Crosscut Sled................. ...................The Apprentice and The Journeyman University The Apprentice and The JourneymanLearn more, Experience more!
Hi folks,Been trying to make progress in the shop every weekend. I have no evenings available during the week due to my work schedule and long commute. So, weekends are made for woodworking, or in my case, for getting ready to do woodworking. So far, progress has been good and steady until last weekend. Saturday was one of those days where I needed to really be a husband and give some focus to my wife and so I did. We had a nice time on Saturday and I even persuaded my beautiful wife to ac...
Ripping stock to size. I really don’t know why I was staying so far from the line. Not that it matters. Apparently my sawing has been getting better. I stayed away from the line to allow for wandering of the saw blade, but it tracked so straight that I think I can stick right next to the line next time. Jointing sawn edges. While I know that the shavings aren’t what is important, seeing the difference in the shavings of my jointer plane(on top), and my fore plane(on ...
I haven’t done one of these in a while. The build was a bit excruciating. Took 6 days, about 10-12 hrs. per day. Started on the Thurs. before Thanksgiving. That was an easy day. I just ran around getting all of the materials together and did some initial layout work and rough cut the plywood sides. These were full height and were too awkward to move around, so I used a straight edge and my new PC 8902 router to get the edges of the plywood ready for the face frames. Once the first side ...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1766 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 109 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- Toy costruction - 93 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 80 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1791 entries
- dbhost - 430 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 304 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 252 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- robscastle - 226 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Dave Rutan - 219 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 198 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 194 entries