I’ve wanted a vise for quite some time. I was finally able to get one with some money I received for Christmas. I went with the Rockler quick-release front vise. I wanted the Veritas one, but there were other things I needed as well, so I went with the cheaper option so that I could get those other things. I don’t have a workbench yet, so it was a little more difficult to install in the worktable which I built before I really knew what I needed. It’s really just a big...
I was holding off on the last (lower and larger) drawers due to lack of material which in essence was a good thing as It made me rethink those drawer dimensions and ended up with what I believe is a better build, but more about that later. What was the issue? The lower 3 drawers are the largest/tallest at 6”, 5”, and 5”, but I only had enough materials for 3 ~2.5” tall drawers + some additional material but not enough to glue material together to give me 6”...
This is the installation of the 17 beds in the Chi Omega house. These were installed in the third floor attic rooms. It all went fairly smooth. Everything fit together like it was suppose to, nothing got damaged on the way there, and we made good time, considering total travel time was 6 hours up there an back. We installed them in 5 hours with 5 people. We did have one problem, contractor wasn’t finished with the smaller room that was to house the 4 bookcase bunk beds. We assembled the...
It’s interesting how it feels like you’re standing still when you’re working on already dry-fit parts for additional features. After all – at the end of the day when you look at all the parts – they seem to look just the way they did in the morning. bummer. but even though things don’t seem that way somethings. Progress IS progress, and is one step closer to the finish line. Today I implemented the hardware for the leg vise in the right leg (I’m...
My quite predictable runup probably made it clear, but one of the reasons behind all these modifications (aside from the extra ripping room, which is DEFINITELY worth the effort alone, was that a few months ago, I got a 30% off rockler coupon that forgot to exclude power tool accessories and jess-em stuff. So I took that in, along with some saved gift cards, and walked out with… A Jess-Em Mast-R-Slide sliding table! Whoo Hoo! This poor thing has been sitting in my shop gazing ...
This blog entry shows how I install the small (1 inch diameter x 3mm thick) brass Makers-Marks on my projects. I like the traditional feel that the labels give a project. I prefer painting the recess black so that when the label is installed there is a small subtle black reveal line around the outside edge. This is strictly personal preference. This Installing a Makers Mark Tutorial is available as a PDF download on my website I get my labels from a very kind chap in England – his conta...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1541 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 94 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- ScrollSaw Information and Resources - 68 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1566 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 394 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 268 entries
- William - 258 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- shipwright - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 188 entries
- Rustic - 186 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 181 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 170 entries