So This is my first in what i’m sure will be a long line of upgrades to my Delta 36-725 table saw. A zero clearance insert. I decide to make this out of 3/4” King StarBoard® HDPE (though I could have used 1/2” in retrospect). A few reasons for this. First of all, I live in South Florida, keep my saw in an un-air conditioned garage, and it gets humid down here. So I wanted something that will be impervious to humidity. This stuff is naturally slippery, and can really take ...
It was a feature, not a flaw! I added support ends on the cubby insert and that added a total of 1 inch to the length. The project is saved! Except for the ends the project is made from fiber board which is only finished on one side. I plan on painting it to match the shelf it will live in.
Making a divider insert for my daughter’s bookshelf, I measured how big it needed to be and cut the pieces on the TS. I cut interlocking slots on the router table so they would fit together. After I put the pieces together I decided to check it and… DOH! it’s an inch too short in the length! No idea* how I managed that because I definitely measured the distance between the blade and the fence. Having just written that I think I know. I think the length was my first...
I had to rip some 5/4 boards down to 1/2”, only problem is i don’t have a bandsaw and my tablesaw is really crappy for ripping thin stock. Check out how I solved the issue with a temporary zero clearance insert by clicking here.
Next, I had to come up with a new insert for the table. The saw came with a plywood table over the existing cast iron table, so there was no insert. I tried to buy an insert, but they do not seem to be made any longer for this saw. I had a piece of cutting board lying around the shop that I failed in making a TS insert in the past. I got out a circle cutter (the fly style cutter type) and cut out the shape on my drill press fairly easily. I then set up my router to cut off material to pr...
I worked late enough last night I didn’t get to updating the blog until this morning. There were a couple pictures still on the camera for the prior day’s work. I got the template done and located it on the lid. After a few passes with the router, I had a recess. The lid is only 5/16 thick to start with and the recess is 3/16 deep. I trimmed the ironwood to size and rounded the corners. Then I applied glue and clamped them up for the night. The last thing I...
Up until now I was leveling my insert (also on my TS) with blue painters tape – yeah, ghetto, but it works, cheap, and available. When I made the order with Lee Valley last week, I ordered a pack of 10 capscrews and though I’d try to incorporate the leveling concept on the Incra made table. as I stated in my previous post- If I had to start it over, I’d just order the table top from Incra and be done with it – they are worth their price. however. since I already had...
I saw an ad on craigslist for a Jointech 12” router fence positioner which is similar to the Incra LS positioner -has a lead screw, and has what Incra sells as add on – the “wonder fence” as the standard fence. the guy posted it as used, but at what Jointech is selling it NEW… I contacted the person trying to negotiate a win-win situation. that was 2 weeks ago. the jointech fence is still on craigslist. I just couldn’t justify his price for a fence I’...
OK. I caved in and bought an Incra Insert for the router table after they posted it back in stock. It’s the 3/8” phenolic plate that is their ‘old’ design. the opening for the router is 3 3/8” as opposed to the new Aluminum plate which are 3 5/8”. also it’s not as mechanical capable as the aluminum plates, but for $35 it’s within my budget. and still a very good plate. what I really like about the Incras is their MagnaLock plate inserts which sn...
I cannot take full credit for this, as this is an upgrade I’ve made to my old drill press table with an idea I’ve seen on Woodscrap’s workshop page. My original table was just 3/4” birch plywood, which was too thin, and when I installed the t-tracks in it, the slot I routed left the plywood useless as there wasnt enough material left to keep it sturdy, and not enough material for the screws to hold into. The new table is 3/4” birch ply laminated with hardboard...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1598 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 96 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- ScrollSaw Information and Resources - 68 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1623 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 279 entries
- William - 258 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- shipwright - 218 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 198 entries
- Rustic - 188 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 187 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 176 entries