You might not realize this, but all musical instruments occasionally need maintenance. Brass instruments may need a new spring in the valves, pianos might need new felt on the hammers, or a woodwind may need new cork on the stops covering the holes. For the string instruments probably the most frequent maintenance is rehairing of the bow. The horsehair actually wears out from use and an unused bow, kept in its case may succumb to an infection of bow bugs that break the hairs off. Part ...
I hope you learn something by watching this video!
I recently acquired a Bridgewood BW8J 8” Jointer and made a video on setup and tuning it up. You can watch the video here: How to Setup a Jointer
[Legebla en Esperanto] [Above] Now take one of the 3 inch pieces and put it on the bar in front of the clamp head that you recently glued onto the bar. Mark the height of one of the side members of the head on the 3 inch piece. N.B. in this position the area above the head is going to be the fingers. [Above] Using the other 3 inch piece, place it in the ‘finger’ area of the one you just marked. Center it from side to side and mark where it sits. [Abov...
[Legebla en Esperanto] [Above] Take the 2 inch piece and measure 1 inch from one end. That end is henceforth the bottom. Mark the center between the sides and put a dimple in that spot. I used a convenient nail here. [Above] Now, using a 5/8 in. bit (or better, one just big enough for the nut,) drill a hole just deep enough for the 3/8 in. nut. You can see my hole is a little large. [Above] In the center of the shallow hole you just drilled, now drill a 3/...
[Legebla en Esperanto] I recently built two more of my wooden bar clamps. I decided to take photos along the way to show how they are made. These are made of 1×2 pine. Most of my bar clamps are of a very similar design. I’ve used them. They haven’t broken and they hold wood together during glue-ups. Using a stronger wood would make the clamp… well, stronger. N.B. I made these with basic hand tools. Using better tools will yield a more professional looking proje...
New Vintage 20" BandSaw Project, Rust Removal & Biesemeyer Fence Install #1: rust removal on cast iron top & refurbish action multiple videos
Video links below… Recently I purchased an older 20” bandsaw. I need a larger bandsaw that can handle anything I throw at it.. I think I found that in a mid 70’s Rockwell 20” wood cutting bandsaw. It probably came out of a school wood shop. The motor is 2hp, it has two speeds which can be adjusted with the belt, it has already been upgraded with carter guides, this big boy saw weighs over 600 lbs. I made several videos regarding this saw which i’ll post below. ...
I made this machine based on plans from printingplans.com, anyway if you note some differences with the plans, it is because after a time working on it, I have made some changes in the dimensions of the parts and some reinforcements to improve the printings on other materials such as wood, for example. This is a really versatile machine to make a lot of screen printing projects with great results, it can works with different materials as papers, fabrics, leather, wood and other porous mate...
I thought I took a bunch more pictures but???Played with the cabin walls and windows. Next I needed a roof so here’s my take on rounding one out.First I glued the pattern on the edge of the wood [made the wood block extra big so plenty of room to work]then hot glued a big square of scrap 3” X 3” to the roof bottom and cut it out on the band saw.Then with the wood scrap still on it to keep it strait and level I sanded it on the SS. Then I really had some fun...
A Hard Year in 2015 Wife's Courageous Fight with Colon Cancer and the Eulogy I wrote for Her Funeral
For most of 2015, I don’t remember posting much, or writing much in my blog. I don’t even really remember thinking much about doing it. I Just didn’t have the energy for that. We did a full-on fight against Colon Cancer, after it was discovered as the reason for my wife’s cough that wouldn’t go away. This was quite a shock for both of us, and the adjustment took some time, and was exhausting. Shelli had a bad cough that started about Thanksgiving in 2014, ...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1831 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 131 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 115 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 91 parts
- Shop stuff - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 82 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1856 entries
- dbhost - 455 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 398 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- mafe - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- Dave Rutan - 277 entries
- robscastle - 266 entries
- shipwright - 259 entries
- William - 258 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 241 entries
- bandit571 - 237 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries