About a year and a half ago I posted my band saw horse. I had meant to get back to those interested in the pattern, much sooner than this. It is amazing how time gets away from you. I am new at making videos and it shows. So I can only hope that those that watch it, will find it didn’t waste to much of their time. I consider it a how to video. So I didn’t over speed it up. Just 2x speed during the cutting. So you can still clearly see how and in what order that I cut out the horse. I did t...
I am so excited to announce that my Epona Celtic Knotwork Design is a featured item on http://www.etsyspotlights.com I NEED YOUR VOTES!Go to http://www.etsyspotlights.com and click on the tab at the top “In The Spotlight” and vote for my design! I know that I can always realy on you all! Thank you all for your support!
A while back, I saw a pattern done by Kathy Wise of a Clydesdale horse and a colt. I really liked the design for several key reasons. The detailing in the face was beautiful. I especially liked how the nose was shaped. I also liked how the hair on the hooves of the Clydesdale was done. At the time, I did not have a reason to do the piece, so I set the pattern aside for the perfect occasion. A customer saw a recent horse project that I had completed and wanted a horse done for their wif...
Epona Celtic Horse Knotwork – Intarsia WoodworkingEpona was a goddess of great strength to the ancient Celts. She is the protector of horses and symbolized understanding, vitality, and Independence. I chose to do this Epona Celtic Horse Knotwork piece because of the beauty in the design and in the meaning. As I talked about in prior knotwork articles, I have come across several knotwork projects that I am exploring. I found a similar design to this while at a festival and I fell in love how ...
I’ve been wanting to build a shave horse for a while now and with the purchase of a draw knife, a shave horse is now needed. I used an old oak pallet and a single tree. Go check it out.
Probably not what I’d do on some projects, but on this one it was the perfect opportunity to let my daughter draw and paint the horse prior to sealing it. She was so excited helping out and painting it that it was all worth it. I basically let her complete freedom and a full set of brushes and water colors and away she went. Note to self – for painting a large surface better to use larger finishing type brushes and not art brushes as it took forever to just paint the main th...
TheWoodWhisperer Woodworkers Fighting Cancer Rocking Horse #2: Getting in Shape and putting it together
Following yesterdays work I continued shaping the remaining parts. Yesterday I used a rasp on some smaller parts, and today having to work on larger parts and more of them I decided to forgo the rasp work and power up the oscillating belt sander. Looking back now, I am not sure it was any faster, but it required less muscle work at the cost of more dust in the air – and lots of it!. For parts that had duplicates I only shaped 1, and then using the router table and a flush trim bit tr...
This project is building a childs rocking chair. Marc at thewoodwhisperer.com is organizing this and this is a charity fund raising project towards woodworkers with cancer. For more info please visit http://thewoodwhisperer.com/wfc/ and join in on the project. it is a nice and fun project to work on, can involve working with the kids in various steps, and is god a good cause both in terms of the charity and in terms of the rocking horse for the kids! For a while there I really wanted to jo...
I finally finished the paint and assembly and here is the completed piece! I’m really pleased with the over all look of the piece and how it turned out, although I might make some changes in future mechanisms. The action is pretty realistic and I learned the true meaning of being “glued to the saddle”.....this cowboy would always get bucked off until the application of some glue to the seat of his pants. Here are a few pictures and a link to the video. I really appreciat...
I’m starting to get close to completion. I got the base finished and made a few adjustments to the mechanism. I got the hat on the cowboy, which is an interesting little process. You basically take your beautifully carved little head and slice the top off with a bandsaw! A disc sander then helps you get it nice and flat to fit in a recess carved in the bottom of the brim, which is separate from the crown of the hat. You might be able to make out the buttons and end of the belt that ...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1795 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 116 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 110 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 82 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 81 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1820 entries
- dbhost - 436 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- mafe - 313 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 254 entries
- robscastle - 242 entries
- Dave Rutan - 232 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 211 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 195 entries