Alaskan Chainsaw Mill V2.0 is going to be a follow on to the review I posted around this time last year. It seems to have been fairly liked considering it now shows up on Google within the first page of search results. Just type in “Chainsaw Mill” into Google and you will see it within a scroll or two. I’ll thank you all on Lumberjocks for that. Note: some of the images are large but if you right click on them and “Open image in new tab.” You will be able to see...
During the Winter of 2000, I worked at a cabinet shop while in college. My introduction to pocket hole joinery was using a Porter Cable Pocket Cutter. Since then, I have been spoiled and have hated using Kreg jigs due to the tear out on the hole and the angled pilot hole that makes it hard to keep the surface flush . So I decided to build my own pocket hole cutter based on what I remember of the Porter Cable version I used 15+ years ago. Here is a link to the video https://www.youtube.com/...
Admittedly, Tow Mater chairs and well executed portable work benches are both more interesting and practical than my fancy decoration but I am always happy when I build a tool that is received well by my woodworking peers. This chisel plane project is particularly special to me because where I have had several occasions to want one, I have never been willing to purchase one, nor had it occurred to make one until I saw that several other Lumberjocks have made their own and done a nice job o...
I finished painting the lifting nut assembly, and installed it. Here’s a view of the entire parallelogram assembly. And a view from under the infeed table. I was originally going to bring the cord out through the cabinet, but couldn’t come up with a good clean method that was easy. So I ran it up under the outfeed table, and needed a way to secure it.I picked up a cord grip and scrap piece of aluminum angle. I had to use the CNC to make the hole big enough, as...
This morning I set out to build the nut assembly that raises and lowers the infeed table.I started with a piece of Delrin rod that I thought was 1.5” diameter.Holding it with a handscrew, I marked the center and drilled a 3/8” hole through it. I then took a cutoff piece from the screw to make a tap. I chucked it in my drill and while spinning, ground a taper on the disc sander. Then used an angle grinder to cut a rather sloppy flute in it. Then chucked the tap in the...
Just spent 2 hours getting the lifting screw installed. I’m using some 1/2-8 acme, so I don’t have to turn it a million times to raise and lower the table. After cutting it to length, I needed to turn it down to fit into the bearings. Since I don’t have a metal lathe, I made a jig to do it by hand. I made this when building my CNC years ago, so didn’t have to waste time building the jig this time. The jig is a simple plywood box with a 1/2” bearing on ea...
Been working away at painting for the last few weeks.Had another near catastrophe. When I started, I had 5-1/2 spray cans of Rustoleum Deep Blue Hammered paint. I’ve been using silver as a base/primer, as it’s readily available locally. After I finished the frame, I was down to 1-1/2 cans, and thought I should probably order another case. That’s when I discovered that this color is no longer available.. :-(I had thought about painting the base a different color, and did some...
One the table surfaces were attached, the next step was of course, mounting the tables. The outfeed table is mounted with threaded studs. On the original plan, the studs were just threaded into the wood.To make this a bit stronger, I used a method I saw on the West System website for bonding fasteners into wood.I started with some 5/16” threaded rod, and cut it into the lengths I needed. I attached the crossmembers that the table would mount to to the bottom of the table with double ...
Got the top stainless steel attached. I ended up holding them in place with two screws each, carefully tightened to hold them tight without distorting them. (It’s really amazing how much force a screw can exert) Then clamped the the two tables together face to face. After clamping, I was a bit concerned that the epoxy would get trapped in the middle and leave me with “domed” tables. But they ended up pretty good. They are very stiff, with the steel on both sides...
My grandfather was a carpenter and home builder, he put together this table that was used for that purpose. It was handed down to my dad and it’s the tool I used to create my woodworking projects from age 10 until I moved out. It was built in the 50’s with a Craftsman arbor and motor, oak and hand formed sheet metal for the dustbin. The fence is adjustable using a novel hand-crank to move it towards and away from the blade. It works pretty good, there is some...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1815 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 130 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 115 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 91 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 82 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1840 entries
- dbhost - 448 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- mafe - 322 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- Dave Rutan - 266 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 254 entries
- robscastle - 253 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 222 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- bandit571 - 214 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries