Well over the last two days i have been able to really get some good solid work done on my mirror frames. first i was able to mill all the lumber to final width. then it was time to cut the piece. i don’t have a long miter bed with a stop block so i used double stick tape to hold the rough identical pieces together to give me exactly the same piece. the first picture is putting the tape on and the second is all the piece cut to final length. Then i cut the groove in th...
I am happy to say that yesterday turned out to be a very productive day. While Kieth and I both needed scroll saw time, I had plenty to do while he was cutting to keep me busy. I spent the morning working on the final touches for the article that I wrote on different methods to apply the pattern to the wood for scroll sawing (which will be featured in the May issue of Creative Woodworks and Crafts magazine) and picked my wood piece for the set of masks that I was scrolling out. I chose a ...
Here I’m going to outline the method I am taking to build myself a Morris Chair. I’ve been wanting to have one of these because I really like the look and the comfort, but also because I want to learn some new techniques, especially upholstery. I know there are a number of other blogs on building a Morris Chair, but they are all different, and everyone has their own unique ways of building. So here’s mine! I am not using a plan, per se. I have been looking at lots of pic...
I really made good headway yesterday. Today I am in the home stretch of things and it is going to be really fun to see all four of these trays come together at once. I have never really done four at a time like this, but since they are all kind of different styles, it is rather exciting. I will get right down to business and show you where I am at with everything. I took pictures this morning, but nothing here is finished or even sanded for that matter. I do sand things to be pretty sm...
Well I’m nearing the end now, i’ve got a lot done in the last two days. not a whole lot physically but the details are really coming along good. i’ll get right into it. first i needed to cut a v groove at the intersection of the tongue and groove. i started by cutting a groove in the intersection area. then i chiseled away the waste to get a rough groove and finished it up with some sandpaper Then after that was done i put in the ebony peg. i will go mo...
So my business of country spoon sloyd craft carries on. Forgive me if my tales on this exploration have become boring, I realize there is not a lot of joinery going on. I am closing in as I enter the words here for session 4 of 5 of this spoon blog and have really made some nice strides. My greatest findings have been using the soil I live on to adventure more deeply into the woods and come out with new species I have never worked with before such as Hickory, Black Walnut, and Black Locust...
Those of you who know me well know that I am not a ‘random’ type of person. I generally like to keep everything pretty organized and when I do something, it is done systematically and orderly. I find that as my way to keep my busy life under control. I have always been somewhat like that. With that said, I realize that doing an assignment or project such as the one I am working on now is something if a stretch for me. It isn’t often that I do something that is on this...
Well, I’ve been absent from LJ’s for quite a while helping friends and relative’s around the state do remodel work on their homes. I thought I would share a couple things we worked on. First up is an entryway of 1X4 hickory flooring inlaid with 18” travertine tile. The space is 6’x10’ and the Mrs. wanted the pattern to be set on the bias. Neither my pal Ken nor I had ever done a mixed media floor like this so it took us nearly a day to just plan how w...
I needed a new handle for my hewing hatchet, I have way too many projects right now to build one so I broke down and shelled out the 6 bucks for one. I always sand off the finish on my handles so I can just apply oil, the tool just feels better that way. It removes the bugs too.
Right after Christmas, my Grandfather asked me if I could make a Sewing box for his special someone. She loves to sew as much as we love to woodwork. During the building of the sewing box, the origional design had to be changed due to the knife hinge failure. They just couldnt hold up.. so after rethinking things a little. the final outcome turned out well and she loved the sewing box.. Here are two small videos showing the hinge issue as well as the outcome. YOu can go to my Projects...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1832 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 131 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 115 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 91 parts
- Shop stuff - 90 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 82 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1857 entries
- dbhost - 455 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 398 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- mafe - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- Dave Rutan - 277 entries
- robscastle - 267 entries
- shipwright - 259 entries
- William - 258 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 241 entries
- bandit571 - 237 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries