View on YouTube As we all know woodworking involves a lot of sanding, and that makes a lot of dust in the air. So yesterday I found an old extractor, it was from my growroom but still works. I made a box with joinery, painted the fan black and as usual gave it a mahogany finish, I think it makes a nice contrast, what do you think??
I filmed the build on my YouTube Channel. Please check it out! http://youtu.be/qDOujXINlE0 Typical washer and dryers are lower to the ground. You can buy stands for each unit for around $150-250. I decided to build mine and incorporate stylish hardware, larger drawers, classy hutch, and a special detergent feature. The build consists of MDF, Poplar face frames, brushed nickel hardware, full extension drawer slides, Oil based primer, and white paint. Primary construction method was ra...
I’m always trying to figure out how to use the many things we throw out in our day to day lives. In no way can I be considered a fanatic about this, but I try to consider any containers we put out for recycling. I use our Nestle Quick canisters to store the standard screws and finish nails in my shop. They are a good size, they are sturdy plastic and they are oblong, which allows the smaller of the two available sizes to be carried in a normal cloth nail apron! Originally the ...
All right! Last time I was done with the marquetry and I had done the mastic on them. I glued them down with Hide Glue and cleaned with called water the paper that hold the pieces from the front with Hot Hide Glue. When all the paper is gone with just cold water, I use one of those green scrubs to clean of the rest of the glue. As there is never a project without at least one f**k up, one of my marquetry panel did slide during veneering. Fortunately, the use of...
Now to begin with, this is not woodworking, but does have to do with furniture. I have had many woodworkers that have been curious about blacksmithing and what i do and how I got into it. I never post my smithing projects here just because it is a woodworking forum. However, I feel like a lot of woodworker could create their own drawer pulls out of metal in their shops. You can use a coffee can forge and a vise really. Check out the video and see how easy it is and create your own hardware fo...
I continuing to improve my workshop, removing rust, organizing my tools, and building cabinets and organization fixtures. This weekend I finished up my new hardware cabinet. Last weekend I build the box: Cut it in half: Turned the front of the box into doors: It was when I got to this point in the project, that I discovered that the magnets and magnet cups I purchased were not the same size. I got online and order some smaller magnets to fit the cups I had, and larger cups to ...
I was sitting eating dinner eagerly planning out the jigs that I’m going to make for the router, drill press, TS and BS now that I have all my major equipment in place. I was even excited that the knobs and bolts kit of almost 150pc that I was going to pick up was on a really nice sale. I finally started to feel like I could start making the things that I like and not just always mickying around As a miniaturist, I have set ups for lots of different hobbies/mediums including resin ...
I did follow the WoodWhisperer’s plans for the dog holes as well as many of the other elements. I reversed the dog hole jig to make one for the dog block which was canted in the opposite direction. The only thing that accomplished was it kept the 3/8” strip on the movable dog block on the same side as the glue-up. Routing the dog holes went smoothly, lots of sawdust and shavings! Gluing the thin strip to the routed piece with a full length caul. Broug...
I had an idea of how to make T-track on the cheap. I shot this video with my phone so it is not the best but you get the idea.
When we left subject cabinet, the last part of the build was done, as the upper door pieces were cut and fit and glued up. Stiles ran long on the doors, as Lysdexic correctly pointed out, to prevent spitting of the entire stile while the mortises were cut. So we know the doors needed a trim length wise. What I didn’t realize is how close I had made it re: the rails. You can see in the pics below I had to preserve all of the rail material… Whew… There was ve...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1828 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 131 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 115 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 91 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Shop stuff - 86 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 82 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1853 entries
- dbhost - 452 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 398 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- mafe - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- Dave Rutan - 276 entries
- robscastle - 263 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 258 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 233 entries
- bandit571 - 231 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries