Had a blast up at the Great Wolf Lodge this past weekend—as proof of our never-say-die, got to keep playing as long as we can attitude at the indoor water park hotel/resort, I offer a picture of my youngest the next day passed out in my recliner. This is as quiet as he as ever been outside of his crib in his entire life! The kids are, needless to say, pooped. I am too, but the clock is ticking—we’re well into November now and Christmas is looming on the horizon. I have plenty of time t...
I filmed the build on my YouTube Channel. Please check it out! Please like, share, and if you enjoyed the video subscribe! http://youtu.be/KIjZJoHwwB4 My solution to storing my sandpaper was not ideal. As you can see in the pictures, the paper has curled from the previous storage method. I make a simple tray style rack to store each grit of paper separately. Materials: MDF, Hardboard, Glue, Label Maker Construction Methods: Rabbits, and grooves, glue. I filmed the build on my YouT...
Some time ago. I built the “Not Ready for Prime Time” workbench and described its intended purposes in my projects. It looks like this. http://lumberjocks.com/assets/pictures/projects/340962-438x.jpg?1351600503The top is actually an old lumber core door that is banded and topped with 1/4” hardboard. I am just moving into the new shop and trying to organize as I go, a daunting task indeed! I know things will evolve but I’m trying to start in a good place and then l...
All I have to say is that the rack is up and it is going to create a TON of free space, especially that wall! I am going to be able to get a lathe in there some day instead of having a mess of sheet goods! I added extra storage above the rack too. I have a place to sticker lumber now! Please take a look and leave your comments to let me know what you think!
I got the lower supports, hinge brackets, and the backstop on. Check it out!
I am just posting my journey for my upgrades to the Harbor Freight Dust collector I got. I have been using it stock except for the wynn filter cartridge and have been happy with it so far, however I have been getting some leaks and will smell the wood dust coming from the collector after cutting items. So I figured if I am going to seal the leaks, I better just build a whole new cart and add a Thien Separator. The first post here is detailing the Thien Separator. I went over to his we...
Today I installed a block (2 2×4 cut-offs glued and screwed together) to support the bottom shelf, directly under the support brace for the main shelf. Here it is before installation: It was a perfect fit and will carry any weight from the top shelf down through the bottom shelf nicely, I think. To install it, I drew lines where the vertical support will go, then countersunk screws in that space to hold the block. A layer of glue and the vertical support was installed with p...
Greetings, fellow LJs. I have a puzzle that needs a solution. I built a workbench that I particularly want to roll into place for TS outfeed. I hope to soon delineate the steps taken and justify decisions to help the next guy not do so much planning. The “opportunity” before me goes like this: I have a very nice solid core door for the workbench top and a piece of hardboard for the sacrificial top. After reading the “two-sided tape” tip several times, I bought a roll. ...
So among the few shotcuts that were made by providing the R4511 at the market price was the fact that it only came with a splitter+integrated blade guard but no additional low profile riving knives (for non through cuts). for the price this saw comes at – one can’t complain, and the fact is- it does have a riving knife mount system which is a good base to start with. solution: homemade riving knife made out of 1/8” plate of 6063 aluminum: EDIT: If I’d do this again,...
I cannot take full credit for this, as this is an upgrade I’ve made to my old drill press table with an idea I’ve seen on Woodscrap’s workshop page. My original table was just 3/4” birch plywood, which was too thin, and when I installed the t-tracks in it, the slot I routed left the plywood useless as there wasnt enough material left to keep it sturdy, and not enough material for the screws to hold into. The new table is 3/4” birch ply laminated with hardboard...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1730 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 98 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 78 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1755 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- dbhost - 410 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 302 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 238 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 213 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- robscastle - 207 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Dave Rutan - 206 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 193 entries
- Rustic - 190 entries