Okay for this demo / test I put a full charge on the Drill Master 68287 18v 3/8” cordless drill, and threw my most common auger bit size at it, my 3/4” Irwin SpeedBor auger bit. (The one I use for boring 3/4” holes in tree stumps for using Stump Rot). Is this drill up to this fairly simple and common task? Watch for yourself and find out! View on YouTube
Last year I picked up the DrillMaster #68341 Fixed Base Router at a Harbor Freight store. With the workshop in such disarray at the time, it got put away and forgotten. Months later I found it and checked it out. Like many have complained, the machining of the aluminum router body is dramatically undersized in comparison to the fixed base. When the clamp on the base is engaged, the router is pushed off center. Too much time had passed since I bought it, and on a $60.00 USD item I won̵...
Hi all, I just wanted to share my top 10 woodworking tool deals of 2016. Are there any big ones I missed? Please let me know below in the comments, Please like and follow the channel if you found the video helpful. View on YouTube
When I was getting started in woodworking, I bought a cheap “60 in. 4 Drawer Hardwood Workbench” from Harbor Freight using a coupon and using their free shipping at the time. It’s served me well for many years, but has several major shortcomings that have always bothered me (thin top, rickety base, too light, crappy vise). Instead of sinking the cash into building a fancy benchcrafted split-top roubo, I’ve been slowly planning on upgrading the HF bench. Over the y...
Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring #72: Harbor Freight 4'x8' Folding Utility Trailer - One Year Anniversary Update
I thought I would provide an anniversary update on the Harbor Freight trailer build from a year ago. Blog posts on the build are in my archive. Last year I used an Olympia brand deck sealer to protect the wood from the elements. Here is proof of how well the product works after a year outdoors. Not very good. Cracks in the wood were expected, being as it’s pine and that much of has been unprotected over time. The pressure treated plywood bedding received an additional two coat...
I was in Harbor Freight the other day and I came across their No 33 bench plane, whatever that is. But for $10 I thought, “what the hell, let’s see what can be done with it”. In this video I unbox it and then proceed to tune it up. About 2 hours later (spread over a couple of days) I had a plane that could take whisper thin shavings. It won’t be replacing my nicer planes, but I’ll be keeping it to plane the edges of plywood, MDF, etc., stuff I don’t want...
I recently bought Harbor Freight’s $20 dial calipers. I wanted some mechanical calipers that I could kick around the shop without having to worry about batteries or dust. These turned out to be much better than I expected. Here’s my review.
“For there is nothing hidden that will not become visible, and nothing secret that will not be known and come to light.”– Luke 8:17 It was bound to happen one of these days, but I was finally caught at Harbor Freight. And so, “My name is Fr. Thomas, and I am an Harbor Freight customer.” To which we, the minions, were forced to respond, “Hi, Fr. Thomas;” how humiliating. I did not have a lot to do today except sit around and watch DIY/Maker/Woodworking videos on Youtube. (Classes do...
After modifying my Harbor Freight dust collector, I needed a filter for the discharge of the blower. The dust collector mod did a great job eliminating a majority of the dust, but it was still discharging fine dust into my workspace – something I didn’t want to be breathing. This time I drew up a plan in Sketchup and used it to guide me in this build. The build was rather straightforward, and a made small changes here and there where it made sense. I call it a 3-stage filter b...
Modified Harbor Freight Dust Collector I made this before I started creating videos for YouTube. This is my interpretation of the Thein Baffle reconfiguration of a Harbor Freight dust collector. I did this for a couple of reasons: First, my shop is tiny, so I needed to fit the dust collector into a smaller footprint. Second, I wanted an easier way to empty my dust collector. Third, I had future plans for this collector to practically make it 100% efficient. Feel free to comment or...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1815 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 130 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 115 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 91 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 82 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1840 entries
- dbhost - 448 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- mafe - 322 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- Dave Rutan - 267 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 254 entries
- robscastle - 253 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 222 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- bandit571 - 214 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries