I am one step closer to the finish of my workbench. I show steps to cut a beveled mortise. If the video isn’t working, click here to view it on YouTube.
Finish off the simple built router table from last week with a table fence that cost just around $10.
In this segment I assemble the right and left legs. I go over the half-blind dovetail and also the bridal joint. Thanks for checking it out!
I need a new bench. i scored a solid core door to use as a benchtop.
This book is a great book. It is almost like a dictionary for handtools. The pictures are very detailed. You can look up almost any handtools and figure information out from how to use it to how to care for the tool. If you are just getting into hand tools I recommend getting a reference book. This is a great choice. If the video below will not play click here. for the video book review.
Restore a hand plane getting all that rust and gunk off.
I said I needed to get more organized in 2013. I start out by making a simple shelf to hold my paints.
Well, got my first hand plane in the mail, the stanley 60 1/2 plane. It wasn’t in too bad of a shape, but definitely needed some work…. So, first step was to take it apart. Had to get out a couple punches and made one mistake which I’ll explain later… The smallest stainless steel parts weren’t in too bad of shape, pretty good actually, so all that they need was a soak and some hand scrubbing. They were put in a tub of simple green and I let them sit...
EDIT: It is actually a 5A X.. That tells you how much crud is on it. I just picked up this at a community garage sale for 35 bucks. I can not find any real info on it. The only other one I can find are about the No. 7 X. How rare is this plane and How old is it? I assume its pretty old considering the hole at the top of the blade. Well I plan to do a light cleaning just to get the crud off. If it turns out to rare I will leave it at that and just sharpen it. I can’t wait to see how ...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1661 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- ScrollSaw Information and Resources - 68 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1686 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- dbhost - 400 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 281 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 229 entries
- Betsy - 226 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- stefang - 209 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 201 entries
- robscastle - 189 entries
- Rustic - 189 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 188 entries
- Chris Davis - 184 entries