See how the fretboard is slotted using the miterbox built in episode 29.
I have not been back here at LJ for a while. Had some problems with the internet connection for a time and somehow got used to having no connection even after we got it back.Anyway, I just finished attaching the braces and the sides to the top. With this guitar, I also decided to try and make my own kerfed lining. These linings usually cost $2.44 each, from a supplier, and a classical guitar will need four pieces, a total of $9.76, shipping not included. Making my own cost me $3.50, plus ...
Daniel’s missing his friends and wants to head home, so while I’m trying to get him to slow down and take his time on the finishing, I’m aware that he wants to ditch us and head for the hills. The finish is still a bit soft, and if it were up to me we’d spend another week adding a layer, sanding it off, adding a layer, and so forth, but we’re not there. So last night we installed the frets, the nuts for the bridge hardware, and the tuning machines. Ho...
I had to take a break from working on this project for over a week (life got in the way)… But, Sunday afternoon my son Cody came to help work on it… He brought his assortment of pedals and we soon realized that space was quickly running short… We decided to scrap the multi level design to get better use of the space… After cutting the supports, I used my forstner bits to lighten the weight of them… A small light will mount under the top board illuminating the pedals and this ...
Daniel wanted to get back to his friends pretty badly, so last night we got the electronics installed (with some pain), and broke a string stringing it up, and there’s a lot of tweaking left to be done, but it was playable: Need to lower the bridge, file the edges of the frets a little better, verify that we’ve got the electronics properly installed because the volume knob was doing less than we expected, and spend some time tuning, tweaking the bridge head position and ...
So, I figured I should post something. I’m mid way through this cabinet and I don’t really take progress photos all that often. But here’s what I’m doing right this second. Specs: 2×12Dovetailed Baltic Birch constructionFinal dry fit before finishI just worked out a new logo and the badges are being engraved at Lollar Guitars, here on Vashon Island.If you don’t know who they are, check them out. Their pickups are amazing. I’ll post more during the f...
Hi again, this time I’ll show you the extra work I did with the neck: You can see in the pic the small cigar box I got for the cbg, a Romeo y Julieta brand, cedar plywood, it is almost too small for the scale I choose (25”) but I will use it anyway, time will tell if I need to replace it. Here I did another “first timer”, a pattern jig to cut a nice shape into the headstock, used double sided tape to attach the pattern to the headstock and routed away… and...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1197 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 87 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Just for Fun... - 81 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 67 parts
- Workshop Development - 66 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1219 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 388 entries
- dbhost - 332 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 301 entries
- Martin Sojka - 297 entries
- Karson - 294 entries
- William - 249 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- mafe - 208 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 187 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- Rustic - 183 entries
- PurpLev - 162 entries
- shipwright - 160 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 159 entries
- stefang - 145 entries