I was looking for a clamp that could hold a glue up of two 45 deg strips of wood to make a block. Basically two triangles glued together to make a square. All the woodworking site searches produced nothing. Then I came across these clamps on a welding website. http://www.stronghandtools.com/products/pdt_img/pgv_pic.html I ordered three of them from my local welding supply store to see how they would work. The man at the supply store had never seen them, apparently they have a patent...
Many woodworkers lack confidence in their glue joints. The way to overcome this is by getting to know your products and materials. This is accomplished by experimenting and testing – particularly through destructive testing. I continually test my off-cuts from every project. This provides a form of quality control testing that is specific to each project. In this video I show a couple of the methods that I use to test my glue joints. Testing your joints to the point of wood fa...
The Non-Electric Chair #14: Making the Chair (The back frame gets glued up and the chair comes together)
There are some jobs that must be done as you go along; they will be very difficult to do once the back frame is glued up.Unfortunately, I am one of those people who must see results and can’t wait indefinitely to see a frame going together. Apart from the fact that I think someone said “A decision deferred is a decision well made” I have two excuses for this less than grown up behaviour.a) Sanding every square millimetre can be pointless if it turns out that there is a final curve or detai...
I have been using this jig for gluing thin material for some time now: (i think the basic idea was taken from time life’s “art of woodworking”). The jig is basically piece of 19mm hardwood plywood with packing tape cover and 9mm pieces of plywood brad nailed at both ends. the wedges are tapped with a mallet to create the pressure. Lately, i decided to recycle my thin scrap into coasters, very much like tonyu’s. Unlike tonyu, i don’t have a lathe (I think...
It was finally time to close up the body of the guitar. Yet another fun clamping operation.Things went reasonably well. The stage is now set for routing the channels for the binding and purfling. Take a look at the post for details. Thanks for reading!
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1386 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Just for Fun... - 84 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1409 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 394 entries
- dbhost - 389 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- mafe - 229 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 193 entries
- Rustic - 185 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- shipwright - 180 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 166 entries
- stefang - 164 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries