This project is a great way to get the kids involved. They can do most of the machining, definitely the sanding, and then they can get creative with the painting. This is made with 2 used fence pickets/panels that are 5’ long. They sell new ones for $1.50 at the big box stores. This take only a couple hours to make (including paint drying time). Please like, share, and subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
This project is almost done….the first coat of oil has been applied, now on to final sanding and a few more coats of oil. I chose to use Danish oil on this,...my wife picked up a box at a yard sale for $5 that had 3 unopened cans of Danish oil in it and about 15 or so other cans of various oils and solvents…score! This is my first time trying this oil, and so far seems to work pretty good. I’m looking forward to seeing how the final coat will look! This project will be up...
I’ve made a lot of progress on this project, but I’ve been so busy since the kids got out of school for the summer, that I haven’t had much computer time lately to update my blog. Here I have the three piece legs glued up and I’m testing the fit of the tenons. In this photo, I’ve finished the sanding all the parts, have the tenons glued into the legs, and have the panels installed. Now they are starting to look like planters. One of the changes I ma...
Hello everyone, a short time ago I posted a project titled Cedar Window Box. In that project post I mentioned that I would check with the client for their approval on posting the dimensioned SketchUp graphics I created. Well, they approved. I put together a brief, and I mean brief, video that includes the dimensions for all of the major components of the window box. I had to do it this way because the graphics were too large to post on the project page. The clarity is not as good as I had ...
I started a new project today. I’m building two large patio planter boxes. The final dimensions should be close to 41” long x 24” wide x 20” high. I’m working from Woodsmith’s Outdoor Woodworking book. Here’s a link to their website: http://woodsmithstore.com/w1021.html There were a lot of cuts to make for this build. The diagrams for this project are pretty detailed and that’s a good thing because there is no cut list provided....
The view is almost fine. The metal screws are more decorative, than i thought. The only problem with the sight right now is the rusty iron swing temporarily put in it for the time while I’m working on the wooden one. The climbing rope net is also missing but I’m on the search for one. The legs were 1 cm thinner than the inner width of the metal footpiece, so I had to put an extra piece of wood there to make it fit tight and prevent any movement. Of course, that wo...
I completed the bench today. I just had to finish cutting the side skirting and them place them on. I left the bench in two parts so i could transport it and then finish the assembly at the final location.
The first thing in creating is imagining. The best way for me to develeop my design floating in my head is to create a 3D model of it on the computer, so I made one in Google SketchUp, which can be viewed and downloaded also. Here is a perspective view of it: Those triangle shaped things between the top and the seat are the boundaries of the chains the seat will be hanging on. The large grid-looking thing represents the rope net for the kids to climb on. The detailed plan for ...
The girlfriend and I have been getting into the gardening spirit lately and planting anything and everything that will grow here in the NorthWest. With not a lot of places to plant things I decided to move to the patio for options, some planter boxes along the edge would do nicely. I scoured Google and Youtube for ideas and was disappointed with the lack of quality box plans or videos but eventually found something along the lines of what we wanted and would not cost a fortune to build. After...
Well although my week seemed a little slow to start I am happy to report that I was able to get a good amount of time in the shop. As of my writing I completed 3 different things. I have been looking at wine balancers a lot lately. Not entirely sure why as I do not drink at all but they seem really cool and I thought it would give me something to do with all of those bottle of wine that people have given us and just sit in our dining room buffet. My other thought on these is to make a number ...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1197 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 87 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Just for Fun... - 81 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 67 parts
- Workshop Development - 66 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1219 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 388 entries
- dbhost - 332 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 301 entries
- Martin Sojka - 297 entries
- Karson - 294 entries
- William - 249 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- mafe - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 187 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- Rustic - 183 entries
- PurpLev - 162 entries
- shipwright - 160 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 159 entries
- stefang - 145 entries