Ugh, the woes of learning new video editing software. The footage of the whole point of this video was lost. I feel like I still was able to get my point across in the video, but it definitely isn’t my best work. I am releasing a few of these shorter videos this week as I learn how to use Premeire. Please bear with me. I hope you find this video to be useful.Enjoy! Seal Up A Drafty Door
Overview I’ve had my layout board dry assembled for quite some time, but put it on pause during construction of the second and third layout boats. Those boats are nearing completion (about to fiberglass the decks), so we needed to keep prototyping the fitting out of my boat. The two major steps of upholstering the layout board are fastening the foam and fitting the cover. Fastening the Foam I used five layers of foam while building up the ergonomic shape of the layout b...
I bought the dust collector used over the summer. The only thing needing my attention on it was the foam seal that the bag seals on. It was highly compressed and no longer in its original position. I Scrapped it all off and replaced it with some door seal foam tape I got at the big box store. Before: You can see the dust patterns showing where it leaks During: After: Now it seals like it should. No leaks. I even had enough tape left over to seal around my table saw door. I ...
Confession – I finished the upholstery several weeks ago but have not gotten the blog updated until now. Oh well, everything else about this project has been on its own pace so there is no sense in changing now;) Here we go. The next step is to cut seat blanks. I used a sheet of good quality 3/8 plywood. I printed out a full size pattern. Cut it out on the bandsaw. Sanded it smooth. I then used the first cutout as a pattern for the other 5 seat blanks. ...
How about a retro teardrop travel trailer big enough for a queen size bed, AC, TV and exterior kitchen galley?Don’t ask me how much time and money I have spent on this. It is a sore subject in the house ;)Or when it will be finished already…
Here is a good example of just how difficult joinery is with foam. Lots of slop and instant gratification- not at all like wood. Wonder if one can play a foam harp- nah.The foam model has been assembled for the first time- with toothpicks, tape, and chewing gum (just kidding about the gum). I tried to glue some parts with Titebond, but it never dried and didn’t stick well. I’ve decided to return to the original plan to end the bottom of the pillar outside of the sound box. Hope it...
Hi Guys-I’m starting to make another harp and I thought some of you would be interested in seeing how it goes- as it goes.Why am I designing my own harp? I wanted to see if I could modify the Limerickplans I used for the Rainbow harp I made in 2007. I wanted the soundbox smaller,and I wanted it to be self-supporting and as tall as the Heartland DreamWeaverthat I have and like. I took aspects of lots of different harps and put them alltogether and this is what I came up with. I also want...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1742 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 105 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 79 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1767 entries
- dbhost - 418 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 304 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 246 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 220 entries
- robscastle - 218 entries
- Dave Rutan - 213 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 193 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 190 entries