Yesterday turned out pretty good. It felt great to have a handle on everything and things went pretty much according to plan. It was even sunny out, which meant that I didn’t have to do routing in between raindrops. If I had finished earlier on Sunday, I would have probably waited anyway because it rained most of the day. The Birch I choose for the tray was a really good piece. It was flat and clear and stable and would be the perfect background for the design. This tray, unlike...
My brother and I have spent a good deal of time lately building a blanket chest our of quarter-sawn white oak. We have the inside lined with aromatic cedar (not fully installed yet, till after we put the finish on the rest of the project). I thought that I wanted to spray on the stain and the topcoat (was planning on polyurathane). I bought a turbine HVLP sprayer, the one from Rockler, which I wanted to get eventually anyway, b/c I keep reading/hearing that it puts a better finish on. I hav...
Hey everyone, I am booking wood turning and wood working clubs to come and sell my burl wood. If you are interested in scheduleing reply of call me. I will be headed to Southern California 2nd week in August August 15th I will be introducing myself to the Wood turners club in Grants Pass, Oregon. Would love to schedule something north in Portland and up to Washington. I would evern consider going east coast if it was a large enough group. I am game for almost any place in the USA. I ha...
I think all of us may think it is sometimes wise to stop typing and just do what are the things to do. I almost forgotten this series. But I do read still but did not bother to update. A recap on the second day of this boxes….Previous weekend I was travelling to the North that was Saturday… The cremation done last Monday and back to Manila. It was only Tuesday that I had faced the second day of this rush boxes.. On that day, I was able to sort out some wood and made the si...
My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer #43: Sometimes the Lazy Way is More Work Then Anticipated (But We Learn Something)
OK. This is getting scary. Do we only get so many good days in a given time period? Or are we really the masters of our own destiny? I am probably over-reacting, but I just really like when things work out like you want them to. I am kind of hoping that it is because thought and planning went into something that it turns out well. That gives us some sense of control. I would hate to think that it is only by chance. So where were we? Ah, yes. The autumn leaf candle tray. As I was sa...
OK we are out of the clamps with our project and we level the legs. Next we do a little more finish sanding and spray our finish. *Note one thing I forgot on the video I buy adhesive backed felt and put on the bottom of the feet to ad that “Pro” touch to it. Enjoy and if any would not mind doing me favor, how about leaving some reviews on iTunes for me. Thanks In Advance, Huck
Yesterday turned out to be quite a productive day. I cleared up all my correspondence and got all my cutting done and the pictures to the wholesaler and I even had a little time to paint in the evening. I even started to do some writing of the final packets I have to assemble, but I thought I would be fresher for something like that in the morning and opted with the painting. The ornaments were quite challenging but I was able to cut them without problems. They were stack-cut with one la...
Here you see my four station desk inside the medical clinic, where it now reduced. I used Minwax special Walnut stain before a beautiful lacquer finish was applied by my friend and teacher, Mr. Lehman. Thanks to Mr. Lehman I was able to supply my client a set of desks with a first rate durable finish.
OK, I’m actually already nearing completion of the 2nd piece which looks much better, but for this post, I’ll focus on my first-first experience with spraying, and the overall look, and results. So. After giving the top coat (4th) extra time to dry (~4-6 hours while we were out). I came back and sanded it thoroughly with 600grit sandpaper. the results were mixed: Newly finished piece in front, Original finish to compare in back Cons:1. I had some runs which show in the f...
Episode 72 Book Ends part 2 from kostas workshop on Vimeo.In this episode I cut the rabbet that holds the top and bottom piece together. Then I glue up the book ends. I sand all the parts to 220 then stain them. http://www.kostasworkshop.blogspot.com/
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1509 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 94 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1533 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 394 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- mafe - 252 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- shipwright - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 187 entries
- Rustic - 186 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 177 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 165 entries