Lids were sanded down, and adjusted a bit. One of these days, I’ll learn how to make perfectly fitting lids…. Hinges had an issue as well, couple screws decided to come out the other side…hate when that happens. Ground the tips of the screws down, will replace when the shorter ones arrive. End of the box looked a bit too plain…dug up some thin Walnut scrap and sawed some 1” wide strips… Once I figured out how to cut the angles…nails and gl...
So after being so careful with my first humidor only to screw it up on the hinge install, I tried a few different techniques on some scrap for installing the hinges than decided to build another box. This time I decided I would do mitered corners with veneer splines for strength, since I didn’t want to mess around with edging. I had a beautiful piece of quarter sawn Bubinga that had been sitting on my rack for a few months now, begging to be turned into something. I decided it wanted...
My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond #1682: Fun With DecoArt Metallic Lustre Acrylic Wax
I had a truly busy weekend and I am finally feeling as if I am getting caught up with things. I spent much of Saturday cutting orders and I will be sending all of them out today. Then I can get on to more designing and some other things. I also finished creating the pattern packets for my SLD521 Damask Heart Ornaments and also my SLD522 Heart and Soul Damask Candle Tray that I showed last week. I am really thrilled with these patterns and I love how they came out. But . . . Whi...
In continuation with my previous post, I began this experience with a trip to Windsor Plywood to source the necessary materials. I ended up finding a nice piece of quarter sawn Spanish Cedar which was 4/4 by 6” – 8’ long, finished on 2 faces; a nice piece of quarter sawn Red Oak which was 4/4 by 6” – 6’ long, finished on all sides; A full sheet of birch plywood and a roll of Walnut veneer. I took a trip over to Lee Valley to get some quadrant hinges and als...
Hard to believe it’s been almost a month since my last post. I didn’t get as much shop time as I hoped through the holidays. Working for a shipping company, I ended up working the holidays because of extra flights and work assigned to the Aircraft. No complaints though, it allows me to buy tools…It’s why we work right? The panels of the doors got a 50/50 mix of seal coat and denatured alcohol and lightly sanding with 220 grit, then stain before assembly. We came up...
Hi all! Thank you for waiting so long for my final dart board cabinet build video. The wedding went well and my Brother-in-law loved the gift. He will be hanging it shortly. Thanks for watching! Mike View on YouTube
and attached to the base. Needed an old drill to make some slots in the brackets.. I’d drill straight through, about in the middle of a bracket, then rock the bit back and forth to make a slot. Need the slot at 90 degrees to the length of the top. Just loose enough the screw can slide as the top moves. Now, once the four slots were drilled, I checked on the underside of the top…...no crayola stuff, still nasty. Time for one of these things, again.. A Stanley #4, this ...
Painting pyramids work well for larger projects, but when you have smaller items to spray, something on a smaller scale is needed. I took a piece of corrugated cardboard and inserted tacks in it from the bottom. I spaced them about an inch apart and covered the flat sides with tape to help hold them in. The item you want to spray is held up by the points of the ‘thumb’ tacks so that it won’t stick to whatever it’s resting on. [EDIT] I just found a few mo...
In the last episode of this build, I start by applying a dye to help keep the walnut looking dark over the years. I also have to do some special prep work so I don’t dye the maple inlay around the top. When that is ready, I then put on the final finish which is a wiping poly. I move the table into my dining room, and then perform the final assembly. Done! As always, I welcome your questions and comments! To keep up with what I’ve got going on in the shop, follow me on Instag...
Well, other than a Boss ordered shopping trip, spent a bit of time in the Dungeon Shop today..getting the rest of the base assembled. Diagonal clamp to pull this thing close to square. Had to make the corner blocks as well. Was just going to add a corner block to help glue up one short apron…..and kept going. Actually, I got to this point, and had to take the Boss shopping, then come back and fix supper….Finally got to work a bit more A smooth plane? Ah, not exact...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1815 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 130 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 115 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 91 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 82 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1840 entries
- dbhost - 448 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- mafe - 322 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- Dave Rutan - 267 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 254 entries
- robscastle - 253 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 222 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- bandit571 - 214 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries