In this second part of the dovetail stool I go over how I assemble the cross braces, touch on the dovetails attaching the legs and tops (lost some footage) and also go over making the leg detail using files and rasps. Hit that thumbs up, comment, and subscribe! Click Here for Link To YouTube!
To see the pictures of the hammer fix, please click here. As promised in Day 19 of the Workbench saga, here is the story of my great-grandfather’s hammer. Genealogy is another of my pursuits and it is a joy to be able to combine woodworking with genealogy. I love it! My great-grandfather Herbert (“Herbie”) Vaught was born in September of 1875 to his parents George W. Vaught and Emily Ann Tucker in Shelbyville, Indiana. Here is Herbie in 1938 at the age of 62. Th...
Last weekend I was back up in RI to drop off a whelping box I build one my Aunt’s dog that’s expecting puppies soon. Normally I wouldn’t be so quick to make the trip North on the traffic infested route 95 to new England but I worked the trip around Matt Cianci (writer of the saw blog) latest class offering: Saw Rehab and Restoration at the Shady Lea workshops. Due to the broad topic Matt Started off the class by asking us, (it just so happened all of were from NJ) what we were most interes...
What I wish I'd known before spending money on woodworking hand tools #2: Still more new or used... You decide.
This is the followup on my first posting concerning new vs. used woodworking tools. Bits, Braces and Eggbeaters Fortunately, for me, it wasn’t hard to find braces, either at flea markets, or antique shops. There’s a wide variety out there as well, so it’s not uncommon to find many variations of the same item. I’ve got several Stanley, Millers Falls, and Pexto models, and all of them have their good points. Since there were so many manufacturers, if you see one...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1806 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 126 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 111 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 90 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 81 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1831 entries
- dbhost - 438 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- mafe - 318 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 254 entries
- robscastle - 245 entries
- Dave Rutan - 245 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 213 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- bandit571 - 201 entries