I haven’t put out a YouTube video in a couple of months, but I have been busy. In this video I talk a little about the recent projects I’ve done and the fence I just got done building. I also talk a little more about my new DeWalt DW732 Planer. Watch the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diEYAsBiVAk
I bought my Craftsman table saw about 6 years ago now and it’s been a good saw as long as you took extra special care to ensure the horrid fence it came with was straight each and every time you moved it. The fence system that came in these saw is appalling to say the least and down right garbage when compared to a good biesemeyer style fence. Last week using the saw, I moved the fence and spent several minutes trying to get it straight so I didn’t ruin the beautiful piece of curl...
We left off last time and I had a hole in my table with a blank insert, getting me back to a functional dining room table. Step 1: Install some T track. I originally thought I would just make a long fence and clamp it to the edge of the table. It would be a pain in the neck, but I didn’t think it would get heavy use. Instead I saw a lot of videos and commercial fixtures that use T track, and it looked amazing. I would be able to use hold-down clamps, using a fence would be easier. Ba...
So here it is. I am basing this project on one several other talented individuals have done. They include, but are not limited to, Zzzzdoc, Tedth66, and Spencer. I only have the rough outline right now but plan on cutting wood this week. I have the mobile base on 4” swiveling castors. I matched the drawer base to the same height as the original base minus 4 inches for the casters. I made the base 28×68.5 and recessed the cabinet one inch all around so once the drawer fron...
I’ve continued tinkering with my table saw stand/workstation. Since I moved the fence system all the way to the right, the ruler was no longer accurate. I purchased a new one and got that zeroed in without a too much effort. I also started an apothecary style entertainment center for our house. I knew pretty quickly that I was going to need a sled for cutting my panels to length. So I made the one in the second picture first with some scrap oak I had laying around and a 1/2” piece...
Well, the rain today halted construction of my storage shed so I had time in the shop to make the top for the router table. It couldn’t be much simpler: two thicknesses of 1/2” plywood. They were cut larger than the cabinet base so that I have room to clamp around the edge. I rough cut a rectangular hole in one piece. Then I pinned 4 pieces of scrap to the top around the hole to make a pattern, then used a handheld router with a guide bushing finish cut the rectangle. Afte...
This is a great project to get the kids involved. Also with the upcoming weather you can now keep track of how much snow you get. Total project cost $5. See the video here.
This was supposed to be part #2 but it’s #1. See #2 for the back story on my router table. The first improvement to my router table was the fence. I have a bunch of mdf that’s been in the shop for years so that’s what I used. I know, not the best material for a project like this. But, my fence was a hodgepodge of ideas and I built it with no plans and just guessed at the measurements. IF it doesn’t hold up at least I’ll have a better idea of what I’...
Next, I had to come up with a new insert for the table. The saw came with a plywood table over the existing cast iron table, so there was no insert. I tried to buy an insert, but they do not seem to be made any longer for this saw. I had a piece of cutting board lying around the shop that I failed in making a TS insert in the past. I got out a circle cutter (the fly style cutter type) and cut out the shape on my drill press fairly easily. I then set up my router to cut off material to pr...
Took advantage of some quiet time after the kiddos went down tonight to make up some time on another secret project. Finishing the router table was key to that project and can also be really useful on the Castle Bookcase so….it got bumped to priority #1. That meant tackling the fence. Luckily, my son’s bedframe broke about four months ago. I repaired the nice wood frame and rail and kept it in the lumber pile until today, knowing from the get go what it was to be used for. I...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1406 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Just for Fun... - 86 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1430 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 394 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- mafe - 230 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 195 entries
- Rustic - 186 entries
- shipwright - 185 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- stefang - 174 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 168 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries