At three o’clock in the morning my brain usually wakes up. It then starts to worry about random things. In an effort to stop this keeping me awake for the rest of the night I generally give it something real to worry about. Like how on Earth do I perform EZ Mitre on a box with only 17mm of contact at each corner. To illustrate The four black corners at the top have joints 17 mm long to the sides. Scary. This seemed to be enough to divert my waking mind. Well it said you’ve ...
Well the top pattern was successful and now I have this board which I need to attach the black, outside layer to. The finally visible pattern part of this board is, with the board flat like this, a square of 116 mm sides. So I cut a piece of 18 mm MDF to this size. The arc patterns emerge out of this area mid-way along each side and the three arcs total 24mm wide. So I marked 24 mm midway along each side of the square. These marks, when aligned with the arcs on all four s...
Hello again. I printed out a plan and side elevation 1:1 so The first thing to do is make a simple jig for cutting circles (arcs) in wood veneer. For this I will be using; an offcut of 18mm MDF, four pieces of 3mm Hardboard (Masonite) and a 6mm dowel. First drill a 6mm hole 15mm in from two adjacent edges in all the Hardboard pieces. and a 6mm hole near one end and central in the MDF Glue the dowel into the hole in the MDF and using a suitable jig, route (with a st...
The board from yesterday’s glue up was a success To trim this to size I cut the inner hexagon out of the paper plan. I cut through the alignment marks at the edge, flipped it and lined it up over the pattern. Using the same scalpel blade marking trick to define the outline. I then joined up the marks with scalpel and ruler. Finally cutting all the way through ( its only two layers of veneer and a core of MDF, after all). This sat nicely on the top of the side...
The board came out of glue-up OK...First thing to do, trim the excess off the bottom edge...Now the vertical rounded pillars. They were going to be Ebony but such was the dye success with the black that I decided to opt for dyed Sycamore. This is English Sycamore, which is a creamy white, not it’s American cousin...I cut the above wide enough to do both sides of a box corner and rounded both edges. Then dyed them up...The sun came out. For a moment I thought I wasn’t in England an...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1742 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 105 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 79 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1767 entries
- dbhost - 418 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 304 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 245 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 220 entries
- robscastle - 218 entries
- Dave Rutan - 213 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 193 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 190 entries