This past weekend was labor day in america so i decided to spend a lot of time working in my shop. Just had an idea to help improve the shop some. My shop is in the basement of my apartment/townhouse. I dont have much room down there and i knew there were some issues so i decided to start to fix some of them. The first was my issue with dust. My apartment’s HVAC is in the basement like most houses. There is an air intake to the whole apartment as well in there. That is an issue for m...
I am just posting my journey for my upgrades to the Harbor Freight Dust collector I got. I have been using it stock except for the wynn filter cartridge and have been happy with it so far, however I have been getting some leaks and will smell the wood dust coming from the collector after cutting items. So I figured if I am going to seal the leaks, I better just build a whole new cart and add a Thien Separator. The first post here is detailing the Thien Separator. I went over to his we...
This is (again) my homemade vacuum cyclone system. I added this to my blog but the video was in spanish. Now I have decided to have the english version, so … excuse my poor english :) It consits of two empty paint buckets and some vacuum hoses. Most of the sawdust and particles stay in the buckets and only a little portion of the fine dust goes to the vacuum bag. Keeping the vacuum bag empty, means that you can use the same bag for months without having to buy them, and also...
Next, I had to come up with a new insert for the table. The saw came with a plywood table over the existing cast iron table, so there was no insert. I tried to buy an insert, but they do not seem to be made any longer for this saw. I had a piece of cutting board lying around the shop that I failed in making a TS insert in the past. I got out a circle cutter (the fly style cutter type) and cut out the shape on my drill press fairly easily. I then set up my router to cut off material to pr...
Sorry for not posting sooner, but the project was completed back in February and life got busy… Suffice to say, I haven’t had much time for testing the air cleaner’s capabilities, but I did check out the airflow and the speeds are right where they need to be. I hope that this proves to be a useful tool for keeping the air clean when I mill wood. Here are some pics showing some of the components of the system. The first pic is of a simple pan box that will have a 10R...
I’ve been using the cyCONE two years in the workshop and I found that its performance is very good. There are several aspects to improve, which will make it easier to use, but not much to do to improve their performance. However, the shop vacuum itself presents a limitation to be resolved can greatly improve performance: the filter.Ya llevo dos años utilizando el ciCONO en el taller y he comprobado que su rendimiento es muy bueno. Hay varios aspectos a mejorar, los cuales harán más fáci...
Something I’ve been thinking about for a long time. Since I’m involved in whole house renovations at the moment I won’t get to building it for awhile but maybe someone might and find it doesn’t work and put me out of my misery in thinking about it. I have one of those 1 1/2 hp delta dust collectors. One side is the motor and impeller. The other side is the round metal hoop with a bag on the bottom for the chips and a bag on the top for air expulsion and dust. I took...
In this video I show you guys my new cyclone dust collector that I made for only $25 and announce that I will be showing you guys how to build one! For more woodworking related content visit, like and follow http://www.JordsWoodShop.com http://www.facebook.com/JordsWoodShop http://www.twitter.com/JordsWoodShop
This view shows the back side of my recently refurbished TS. There are ~46” between the saw and my primary work bench. I lowered the bench to match the height of the TS @ 32-7/8” and planned to bridge the two with an outfeed table…. but I wanted to do something different with it. Since I have two 4” DC lines running back there, I figured this would be a great place for a down draft table. Here’s the preliminary design… To maximize air flo...
Multiple Mortise and Tenon Joints I’ve owned a Leigh dovetail jig since the early 90’s. I started with the 12” model that I used for drawer construction. I switched to the 24” model so that I could join the top of a case to the sides with a through dovetail joint. I bought the M2 multiple mortise and tenon attachment for the 24” D3 jig prior to building a book case that was to hold a tremendous amount of books. I wanted more glue surface and strength than a rabbet joint could pro...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1429 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 92 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1453 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 394 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- mafe - 230 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 197 entries
- shipwright - 192 entries
- Rustic - 186 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- stefang - 180 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 169 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries