I was able to get the assembly done today. It was big day. I can see the tunnel at the end of the light! I have been working on the leg vise chop and all of the mortises and holes that have to be cut into the leg as well. This was much easier to do prior to assembling the bench. Here is the finished chop and parallel glide.On to the rest of the bench. I cut the pins for drawboring first and set them on the heater. I was thinking that this would make them a bit more pliable. Buy the ti...
This covers the construction of 26 shipping skids described in project 80698. Lumber:86 – 4×6s 16 feet long26 – 2×6s 8 feet long234 – 1/2×10 inch galvanized hex head bolts234 – 1/2 inch galvanized nuts468 – 1/2 inch galvanized washers780 – 3 1/2 inch framing nails Tools:Hitachi 12 inch miter sawDeWalt miter saw stand.Black and Decker 1/2 inch “Hole Hog” drill, all metal constructionPorter Cable Framing NailerCampbell Hausfel...
This pile of lumber may not look like much but it will magically turn in to two of my Fishy Coffee Tables and a Toy Box. :-) Turns out I need another 10 feet of white pine, so off to the store I go tomorrow. It makes it easy that a lot of the work for all three projects can be done ahead of time in a batch. Things like ripping the edges off the 2×4’s and ripping the 1×12 white pine into three pieces each. All of that was after I cut them into rough lengths so it would be ea...
When the table was last worked on, I had two sides in the clamps No, that isn’t a glue squeeze out running down the apron’s side, turns out it is a Powder post Beetle track. Sans Beetle, of course. I dry fitted the rest of the parts and laid out for some corner blocks. Gave me a chance to try out my new Miter box An Atkins 11 point panel saw. Got the four blocks cut, and some holes drilled. Needed a counter sink the set the screws in I chucked this one in the dri...
This Week I show you how to make a folding out feed table for your table saw. This design was based after an article and plan found in a 2009 issue of Woodworker’s Journal Magazine. Originally the plan was designed for a Cabinet saw with a Biesemeyer Fence System, so I had to make some slight modifications for my Porter Cable Saw. In this 3 part video series I show you a step by step on building this project as well as talk about the modifications I had to make. The Article and plans ca...
Well, she is almost finished. The back is on and there are just minor details left. I was pleased with how the back turned out. I was wanting it to contrast with the rest. My daughter didn’t really want this, but once it was on, she really liked it. Thanks for looking everyone. The next time I post on this, it will be a finished project.
In the spirit of giving back to all you LJ’s who have inspired and informed me, here is an attempt to share the making of 4 tool bar handles. My wife gave me four 1/2” tool bars and 12 carbide cutters for Christmas from my wish list. Wanted to try some Easy Wood carbide type tools at a reasonable price level. To hold the cost down my wish list specified bars and cutters from Big Guy Productions and then turn my own handles for them. Step 1 – Turn HandlesThe project star...
I have used Google SketchUp (free version) for the last few years and have found it to be excellent for designing projects like this. All my crates are designed and costed based on these types of drawings.For this project I tried something new in the design…I added the bolts I will use to put it all together. The picture of the bolts was done by hiding the rest of the crate…it took about 5 seconds to hide the other components. The finished crate will be 11 feet high, 11 feet dee...
I have been busy working and my daughter has ben busy with school, so we haven’t had much time to spend on this. We have made some progress though. A little each week. She has cut and shapeed the handles with the router. Finished all the doors. She sprayed the whole thing down with strong tea to add tannins to the pine. We used this ammonia. We sealed it in the shower with the ammoina overnight. We pulled it out and looked at it. I was pleased. ...
In the first post in this series I showed the small bowl that came off the lathe at 1300 RPM.The blank wasn’t too damaged, so I reglued it and finished it.Finished project. The regluing went so well that I didn’t have to return the face of the bowl, I just sanded it to get the glue off, then a coat of 2# shellac buffed off while wet with an old T-shirt.1. back on the lathe with safety cage in place. 2. shellac on the front. 3. getting ready to round the corners off…...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1828 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 131 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 115 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 91 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Shop stuff - 85 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 82 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1853 entries
- dbhost - 452 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- mafe - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- Dave Rutan - 275 entries
- robscastle - 263 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 258 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 233 entries
- bandit571 - 229 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries