Filling the drawers from this project.Turns out you can get a lot in a 13-3/4” wide x 16-3/4” deep x 7” tall drawer. This one has three levels of organization. OCD is completely satisfied. Bottom level dividers 3/8” x 2-1/2” dividers, friction fit, no glue. Holds touch up filler, stain & graining bottles, burn in sticks. Middle level is wax rub on sticks. 3/4” deep sandwiched between bottom and top levels Top level is for the most used s...
With the jointed boards smoothed of tool marks and lumber yard stamps I’m ready to dovetail. I chose 1:6 ratio since I’m using pine, and will cut the tails first. I chose to lay out a tail 1” from the edge of long boards then used my dividers to space out my tails so that the opposite edge has a tail 1” from the edge of the board. Once I was happy with that I decided to go with 1” wide tails and drew out the boards and began cutting them out with my only back...
Making a simple set of expanding desk draw dividers, to fit the size of almost any draw, out of reclaimed plywood and pine. Check out the video to see how these were made! Free plans available for this project on my website: Go to site Subscribe on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/thiswoodwork Visit Website: http://thiswoodwork.com/ Like my Facebook page: https://facebook.com/thiswoodwork Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ThisWoodwork View on YouTube
Well I have a fully functioning Layout Compass now :D. All that is left is to do the shaping of the legs and some purtification of them. I am still working out the details of the purtification but in the end they should be pretty purty lol. All the pieces laid out with epoxy curing on the pins.. So today was filled with frustration and epoxy and a lot of brass dust. It started with cleaning up the mortise that the arc goes through and embedding the head of a copper rivet into the...
A quick and dirty update with pictures of progress made (if I can call it that) since the last installment. And progress has been painful because the lunchbox planer shot craps. Why is that a problem for a galoot like me? Well, the cherry I’d like to use for the front of this cabinet is substantially cupped and ‘the electron way’ was going to help me move past those flaws. Not to be, so I’ve been making boards the hard way. In no real order, here’s proof. Usin...
Another small step forward. I was able to mill some mahogany today for the face frames. I milled some 7/8”x1/2” strips from 1 long board that I was hoping would be enough for both front and back face frames but unfortunately it only yielded enough material for the front which is also all I had time today to manage. So I joint a board with my #6 so that I can then rip it on the TS to long narrow strips 7/8” wide (to cover the 3/4” plywood with excess that I could the...
I was in the DC area recently on business and extended my stay by a day to visit with family. And to try my hand at vintage tool hunting back east. That is why you’re reading this post right? Virginia was home to me as a kid for a few years. Aunt Pat and Uncle Ralph lived in Alexandria, VA with their four kids. As a 12-year old I remember many touring trips. Aunt Pat is a natural docent, well-read on history and culture. And she used those skills hypnotically, as we toured all of DC, Mount...
It was pouring outside, and so grey, but somehow the train kept on going. I somewhat planned for this in advance, and made sure I cut all the parts in advance so that I can continue working later on on the joinery in a more flexible manner, and flexible I mean literally as the kitchen counter flexed as I chiseled away. Then again, I was able to get some progress done while being with the family and not isolated in the garage. My daughter sat next to me watching me carve the sockets out with i...
Yesterday was such a beautiful day, wasn’t too cold, and the sky was blue (today is cloudy and rainy). I was fortunate enough to be able to use the day for some woodworking. I am at the point where I usually run into trouble. I have a tendency to want to work on the joinery and the problem is that I usually do that before I have all the parts ready leaving me with some parts that go together, but still require work to get the rest of it as well. This time around I decided to get all ...
While all of the subassemblies of the second bed are the same as the first, I needed to build the desk unit and dresser units as “mirror images” of how they were built on the first bed, due to how the bed would be situated in the bedroom. Since the dresser unit is at the “head” end of the bed, and the desk must be oriented so that the chair goes on the same side of the desktop as the dresser (a change from the first bed design… see entry #2 in this series), th...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1742 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 105 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 79 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1767 entries
- dbhost - 418 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 304 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 245 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 220 entries
- robscastle - 218 entries
- Dave Rutan - 213 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 193 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 190 entries