Dust cycloneupgrade for the bin Just a little upgrade.The system works really well and I love the easy way to get rid of the dust now.If I had a bigger shop I would have a bigger bin but for my limited work it is really great.In fact it’s only when I use the thicknesser a lot it is a too small bucket. But I got tired that a lot fell down the side when I had to empty it, so I made this little easy upgrade. A piece of thick MDF, marking the center.In the back you see a white plas...
After much research and hours of Youtube videos my dust collector rebuild is complete. It consist of a 2hp Woodworks Warehouse dust collector connected to a Oneida Dust Deputy exhausting into a new (from eBay) $129 Donaldson P511332-016-002 UAS ULTRA-WEB Cartridge with 320ft of filter area and a Merv 15 rating. I had looked at Wynn filters but this has 20 add’l sq/ft of filter and was $35 cheaper and came with free shipping. I don’t have any calculations but the suction has inc...
After many years of using a single stage then upgrading to a 2-stage trash can collector. I’ve finally upgraded to a Dust Deputy cyclone. My original DC filled the air with dust every time I turned it on and it wasn’t very air tight. My dust collector is a 2HP Woodworkers Warehouse Reliant NN-820. The spec sheet says it’s capable of 1185 CFM’s with 5” ports and the motors heavy, really heavy. My design is based from kdc68’s design: http://lumberjocks.co...
Dust cyclonewith house hold trash bags Yes I got tired of the mess each time I had to clean the shop vac when it was full.Also I was fascinated by these cyclones, have to admit I am a child.So when the prices for one of these finally hit the floor here in Europe I had to give it a try. Had two challenges, one that where my shop is, I have to deliver all trash in 15 liters bags, otherwise our trash suction system jams. Second, I wanted it to be standing under my saw, so it could not be t...
Finally got my version of thien separator working after several rounds of trial and error. Thought I could share my findings. It’s made of a 5 gal big-box bucket, plywood, and plastic plumbing fittings. A 32 gal plastic trash can was used for collecting dust. Silicone adhesive and insulating self-adhesive tape were used to make the separator and dust bin combo as air-leak-free as possible. This is inside the separator looking at the intake pipe (black) and the pipe (whit...
I wanted a dust collector for my garage workshop. A single-stage collector just wouldn’t do it: I had to have a dual-stage with a large bucket for chips. I have a two-car garage and two cars to park in it, so all of my equipment must be mobile and have a small enough footprint to fit around the perimeter at the end of the day. I didn’t have the budget for a true cyclone, so I decided to modify a regular single-stage dust collector. I wanted the chip bucket to have a large capac...
So I know that lots of people have posted their dust collection systems, so I thought I would post mine. Below is the final picture and a schematic of what I built. In short, it’s a Harbor Freight dust collector, a Wynn Engineering Filter, a salad bowl as an internal baffle, and a Super Dust Deputy cyclone. The dust connections are made with 4” rubber pipe connections to the tools. To top it off, I just made my own remote control switch using some relays and a $10 wireless remote fo...
Here are some pictures of a cart I made with one of the Oneida Dust Deputy cyclone. One of the features that I really like about what I made is the outlet/switch on the side. It allows me to plug in something, such as router table and then have an easy on/off switch for the vacuum. Also, the vacuum had a tray attached to hold the attachments and I mounted that to help hold the attachments. I will also say I am amazed at how well the cyclone protects the filter in the vacuum. Here is...
I posted two projects related to the dust collection system designed into this mobile workbench. Click the links for the compact Thien dust separator and the rotary blast gates. The dust separator seemed extremely effective with almost no carryover to the vacuum. I was anxious test and document how effective, so I followed the example of some LJers and set up a test. I measured the contents of the dust separator bin and dumped it on the floor. I also swept up the shop floor which included ...
This is (again) my homemade vacuum cyclone system. I added this to my blog but the video was in spanish. Now I have decided to have the english version, so … excuse my poor english :) It consits of two empty paint buckets and some vacuum hoses. Most of the sawdust and particles stay in the buckets and only a little portion of the fine dust goes to the vacuum bag. Keeping the vacuum bag empty, means that you can use the same bag for months without having to buy them, and also...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1660 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- ScrollSaw Information and Resources - 68 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1685 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- dbhost - 400 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 281 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 229 entries
- Betsy - 225 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- stefang - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 201 entries
- robscastle - 189 entries
- Rustic - 189 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 188 entries
- Chris Davis - 184 entries