So a week or so ago I built a crown molding shelf for my soon to be born daughters room. Well I only built one and after looking at it on the wall I decided that it looked a little lonely there hanging all by itself so I did what any self respecting woodworker would do …......... I gave myself another reason to build something. I went to the store and bought the materials I would need and a little extra, you know just in case. Well my wife was with me so I couldn’t buy a much e...
When I gutted the bathroom in my house I just couldn’t just hang the mirror on the wall again. Plus I didn’t want to drive the 6 mile round trip to spend $5 on a tube of Mirror adhesive only to use less than a dollars worth on a 24”x30” mirror. I spent a few hours and cleared out a bunch of scrap pine and leftover pieces of crown molding to cobble together a mirror frame for the mirror I pulled down during demo. Close Up of Mirror It doesn’t show in the ...
While in the process of building a Bourdonnais French style bookcase I needed to make some crown molding for the top. I wasn’t about to go out and spend money on some pre-made crown molding. That would be the easy way out. I have a boat load of antique molding planes in my shop, so I decided to put one of those bad boys to use. The first step in make making crown molding is to get the stock prepared. I ripped a couple of pieces of straight grained poplar 5/8″ x 2″ x 6′ long. It’...
Coping with Crown I was killing some time watching some videos at YouTube the other day and came across a bunch of videos about “How to install Crown Molding”, I felt many missed the mark. Crown molding has gotten a reputation of being difficult to install and I admit I have seen plenty of poorly installed crown, but with just a little bit of understanding and guidance almost anyone can do an admirable job. Part of the problem is just figuring out how to cut the molding. That topic will be ...
Progress! After cutting the modling on the jig (which worked really well, by the way), some coping saw skill building and some creative Dremel-ing, the end of the first 12’ piece was complete: The first piece destined for the wall was one of the 14’ pieces, so I cut that square on both ends. Patty then painted them with the primer and pain we selected, Benjamin Moore Navajo White in Semi-Gloss (see modification, below). We left the 12’ piece in its original 14...
It’s part 4 of the basic flower box. Man, when is this stupid flower thing going to end? Oh yeah, this is the end. Finally we can be done with digging in the dirt and smelling sweet smells that get into your clothes. Oh cripe i’m a girlie guy! I hate my life. PLus there will be new segmets to the show in the near future, with new characters. Stay tuned.Visit woodchoppintime.comor become a subscriber at www.youtube.com/bigchopperoo
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1742 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 105 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 79 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1767 entries
- dbhost - 418 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 304 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 245 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 220 entries
- robscastle - 218 entries
- Dave Rutan - 213 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 193 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 190 entries