The last time I worked on a big project was 2012, when I completed my Daughter’s bunk bed. It’s made from curly maple and has a built in bookcase. Since then I took a bit of a woodworking break, did some home renovations and a bit of running and cycling. A couple of months ago I decided it was time to get back into woodworking. I built a couple of small projects, a doorbell cover, a cribbage board and a few other small things, but that was just warming up to get ready for a ...
Thanks to Knotscott, who lives close by, I found a craftsman in very good shape. I’ve upgraded the belt with a link belt from Harbor Freight (good deal) and the fence with a Vega Pro 40. Just need to get the other wing on, add an extension table and ZCI and do something about the switch. Works great though! (Any advice on the switch would be appreciated. The original set-up had the motor plugging into the switch and the switch plugging into the wall. I’m assuming I’ll ha...
This is my first post or utterance on this site, so bear with me while I get in the swing of things… I’ve always wanted to get into woodworking so I can build useful and practical things with my own hands. Within the last few months I’ve come into a host of woodworking tools and machinery, most of which were simply given to me once I expressed interest. These items include: a Delta spindle sander, old craftsman dual disc/belt sander, a vintage Buffalo Tool drill press, a ...
I didn’t really spent much time thinking about how the desk top would be built. I planed and jointed the walnut along with the maple and cherry. I proceeded to glue up the panels using a biscuit jointer. With a top this large (39×72) I used 4 – 10” wide boards and glued them in pairs then glued the pairs together. I also clamped the ends and middle to keep the board from cupping from the clamping pressure. From there I glued up the final 4 board panel. After...
It’s been awhile since my last build video, but this one took awhile to complete. We are undertaking a master bathroom remodel and I am doing all the finish work which includes the cabinetry. In this video I show how I designed, built, and installed two craftsman style medicine cabinets. It’s a long video, but you see everything that’s involved.
I have low ceilings in my basement, so I needed doors that are about 6” shorter than standard. I would have just bought them, but the factory would just cut 6” off the bottom leaving me with a 2” bottom rail which would have looked very unproportional. I didn’t want to spend the time or money on building frame and panel doors so I spent a week wracking my brain until I came up with this method. Hope you enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzE470rqnmk!
Hello everyone, it’s both my first post to the site and my first ever blog post all in one. I’ve been browsing the site for a few weeks now because I’ve been on the market for a new table saw and sort of fell in love with the idea of rebuilding a Craftsman 113. Well after contacting a couple of people through my local Craigslist, today I went out and picked up not just one but two table saws. The first saw I found and actually had a friend go and take a look at for me...
I just posted up part 2 of the Morris chair build on my blog, going into finishing and upholstery. The exciting conclusion with lots of pictures. LJ’s Project page here. blog entry at http://dcwwoodworks.com/blog/2016/6/23/at-last-a-morris-chair-part-2-final Thanks for looking.
I just blogged (with lots of photos) about the Morris Chair I built this past spring. This part 1 goes through most of the build, and part 2 will be finishing, upholstery and stuff. For LJs, I’m also posting a project here too. http://dcwwoodworks.com/blog/2016/6/14/at-last-a-morris-chair (link fixed!) Here’s a few pictures…
I made some decent progress on the unisaw. With the exception of the yoke/motor bracket assembly, all of the base components are disassembled and I have started stripping the old paint off the cabinet. Hopefully I’ll finish out this long weekend with most of the parts cleaned and primed for final paint. There is a tapered pin holding the yoke/motor bracket together that has thus far thwarted all reasonable attempts with PB blaster and heat. In reading various forums, it seems the ...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1807 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 129 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 113 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 90 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 81 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1832 entries
- dbhost - 440 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- mafe - 320 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 254 entries
- robscastle - 245 entries
- Dave Rutan - 245 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 214 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- bandit571 - 201 entries