If I didn’t pour today, it would be several days until I’d have time to do it, so I slammed a beer and started mixing concrete. This is what I started out with: The BuddyRhodes system is two bags of countertop concrete to one can of dye, so I mixed one bag into two five gallon buckets and poured about one quarter of the dye into each. On the first batch, I put water into the bucket first because it says it’ll keep the dust down. Don’t do it! It’ll star...
I’ve been working the graveyard shift all week (which has seriously impeded my woodworking habit), helping my defacto brother-in-law with his concrete polishing business. It’s pretty cool, especially if you start with the right concrete, dye, aggregate, etc. I was seriously thinking about making the tops for my night stands out of polished black concrete. It would look like granite, only I could do it myself (with his help). It would be water resistant, if sealed properly, so ...
Hello everyone. This is my Antique blue butcher block counter. This is one of the new woodworking plans I have posted on Sawtooth Ideas. By the way, if anyone is interested in posting woodworking plans for profit on the internet, check them out. It is free to post the plans and they are easy to work with.This is a smaller version of a counter that I built for a pie shop. This one features two boxes that pull out from either side and has a towel bar on one side and hooks on the other. I p...
I’ve been working on a custom home bar built from Bubinga and Walnut using solid and veneered wood. The counters will be protected from water using System Three Mirrorcoat a 2 part 2:1 epoxy finish that self levels and cures crystal clear. I had to give the counter a light sand and through 400 to 4000 then used a 3 step polishing process to bring the counter back to a beautiful gloss shine.
At the beginning of August, with the discovery of mold in my kitchen, I began building new countertops. The wood for this work all came from my inlaws barnwood. After getting the countertops glued up, I was interupted by life (teaching, UPS, kids, divorce, and more). Where I left off, I had just gotten the sections back from a local cabinetshop where it was run through a drum sander….. Well, FOUR MONTHS LATER, what a thrill to get back into the shop three days ago. I am tryi...
After finishing the parts with TransTint #6003 Reddish Brown and three coats of hand-rubbed poly, I was able to glue them up. It went reasonably well. This design doesn’t have a back panel, so it’s easy for it to get out of square. I glued one of the shelves in backwards, but learned my lesson on the second one. After cooking for a couple of hours, they went into the house to get out of the garage. It was now time for me to start working on the concrete tops. My brothe...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1294 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 101 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Just for Fun... - 82 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1316 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 388 entries
- dbhost - 380 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 302 entries
- Martin Sojka - 297 entries
- William - 258 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- mafe - 219 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 188 entries
- Rustic - 185 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- shipwright - 175 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 163 entries
- stefang - 151 entries