In this video I cover some recent acquisitions. I plan on upcycling an old cedar fence I got from a neighbor. I hope to make a video of the process. I got a used softener for free that I will install with my new tankless water heater, and I got some Corian cutoffs from a local supplier. I also cover the status of my projects and upcoming videos.Enjoy! View on YouTube Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thomaslightleFacebook: https://www.facebook.com/redbarnwoodworking/Twitter: https:...
This has been on the list for awhile now. I’ve built ZCI’s in the past from Oak and Masonite but overtime they have issues. I got my hands on a Leecraft ZCI for my Craftsman 113 TS and was blown away at how nice it was. So all the design credit here goes to Leecraft, here’s a picture: The Leecraft doesn’t use the front hold down screw that comes standard on this saw, rather, they use 2 horizontal screws (one in front and one on the right side). You tweak...
After all the excitement of the previous day, yesterday brought with it a welcome calm. I took advantage of the general quite of the day and I did some major house cleaning and organizing. There is something about having neat and organized surroundings that provides comfort and peace in my life. I sent the next project off to the magazine. There are two projects there already there awaiting their publication along with a couple of articles, but the editors are already finished with them f...
There are a few corrections on the first page and can be seen here. This information is from an actual build of a corian countertop. This was a job for united technologies 6 restrooms with three undermount sinks each. Photos were taken along the way. I will be as clear as possible on all the steps needed to accomplish this. We are lucky enough to have a CNC for the cutouts. Laying them out on cad is extremely cost effective. If you dont have on you can use a mock-up piece you cut from p...
After I got the counter top in I did the thing which makes your heart beat fast. I cut a hole in the top of the sink. It was planned, but it doesn’t make it any easier. Once that hole is there, there is no going back. So for the next 3 hours, I put in the faucet. Hooked up the new Dish Washer. And put in the cabinet that will hold the trash containers. And what do you get. A plumbing nightmare. The drains from the two sinks are at a different height. and ar...
Well the base cabinet is in place and the position of the sink was determined so I drew an outline of the sink and I put a 3/4” line around the inside. I cut the straight lines using the battery operated skill saw, and the corners with a jig saw. I used hot melt glue and put down wooden blocks so that the sink could be placed in the correct position and be able to placed in position fast. To take the blocks off you just whack them with a hammer (Sideways). I ...
I built the base cabinet where the sink would go. It’s the same size as the one that is being replaced with the exception that the existing cabinet didn’t go into the corner. It stopped just past the sink. I guess cost cutting on the previous owner. The sink is not normally mounted upside down in the bottom of the cabinet. I had it here to find the correct positioning to cut the hole in the counter top. This is sitting in the kitchen in front of the cabinet being replace...
Well I took the counter top back out to the driveway today to glue the two pieces together. (See previous Blog in this series) I set up the Corian on my sawhorses in the driveway and pre set all of the clamp that I’d need to hold the pieces while the glue dried. The long MDF strips were to keep the surface from bowing while the two pipe clamps pulled the seam together. A piece of maple was put on the edge to keep the pipe clamps from breaking off any pieces on the edge. I t...
Before we get started, I stated in the previous blog that I’d let you see the cement tube that is used to bond the Corian pieces together. The glue tube with two separate compartments, One for the fill material and the second for the catalyst. The plunger is part of the adapter kit that allows it to be used in a regular caulking gun. Your option is this, or a $80.00 to $150.00 gun. I opted for the $4.00 part. The small plastic piece beside it is an adapter that allows it to be...
Well I’ve still been busy building additional cabinets. I’m working on the lower cabinets, because the upper cabinets need to match placement of the lower cabinets and I’m now working myself into a corner. That’s the sink corner. Old picture. It’s just to the right of the range. So what I’ve accomplished is building the cabinets to the left of the range. The range is being moved about 18” to the left so the cabinets that I’m building...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1742 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 106 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 79 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1767 entries
- dbhost - 419 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 304 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 246 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 220 entries
- robscastle - 218 entries
- Dave Rutan - 214 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 194 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 190 entries