Let me first apologize to those of you who were following my shop build back in 2012 – I forgot to post the finished product! I suppose my incomplete blog is the result of a combination of excitement with my new shop and just being busy with woodworking, school, and life in general. I know that if I was following a build and they failed to post the complete shop, I’d be a little ticked off! Now that I’ve got that out of the way, let’s move on to the shop. I will beg...
Don’t know what it is about these last two posts…I’ve done something wrong and the images are just HUGE on the LJ blog. So…click here see it on my wordpress site. Once the paint dried, there was not much left but to install the drawer-shelf (with a piano hinge): Here it is closed: And then glue and attach the main hatch (I put 2 screws up from the inside to hold the hinge as well) and here she is: Then the final step was carrying it upstairs and installing...
After realigning the drawers by fixing the slides, and trimming some drawers, I made sure everything fits. I predrilled 3 holes in the drawer fronts through the pull slots that will later be covered, one in the center, and 1 on each side: I transferred the center hole from the drawer front to the drawer and once alignment was satisfactory I transfered the other 2 holes as well: I used my combination square ruler to space the fronts from each other, and made sure that all the dra...
Not much to say, nor anything to show in this post. Just received the locking hardware from Lee Valley which was the last thing I needed to finish this build at this point. I thought about making the locking set myself, but seeing the set LV offers it just didn’t make any sense so I just ordered it from them with the Free Shipping they offer this week. arrived in 2 days and installed today – very nice set, and works like a charm. The set I got is this one: And can be foun...
Hard to believe, I know. It’s been over a year since I announced the workbench complete, although there was always that missing part, that loose end that had to be tied off in order to officially declare it a complete project. Not only was it a loose end (literally, the vise screw was hanging loose in it’s slot), but it was a missing integral part of the bench that I kept on wishing I had setup and functional. The Wagon Vise to hold down boards for planing flat and similar work...
The train is back from graphics and completed. Well almost. I am thinking about putting a bell on the front and I need to add the child’s name under the window. Other than that it is finished. After I got it back from graphics, I just reassembled it cut slats and wired the lights. I put a small knob on the headboard to activate a touch sensor. I mounted the control box under the slat cleats, hidden and out of the way. The wire runs under the cleats to the front where it plugs in to ...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1791 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 114 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 110 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 81 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 80 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1816 entries
- dbhost - 436 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- mafe - 313 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 254 entries
- robscastle - 241 entries
- Dave Rutan - 231 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 210 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 195 entries