It took me nine days from start to finish, but I’m finally done with my Adirondack Patio Set. I am really tired of painting too! The chairs are sitting by the pool where they and I will be spending Memorial Day. Hunter and Huckleberry, my English Springer Spaniels, approve. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to format my photos so the right 1/3 of the picture doesn’t get cut off when I link them in my blog? If not, I guess I’ll have to make sure all the im...
I decided to add a coffee table to my set with some of my extra lumber. The kids and I spent the day sanding and priming all the furniture. Tomorrow is painting day! Can’t wait to see them in my backyard by Sunday evening.
I have completed the final finishing and assembly of this project. I was able to spray four coats of Sherwin-Williams Wood Classics® Waterborne Polyurethane Varnish. I also mounted the drawer slides and fronts. The top was attached with tabletop fasteners from McFeely’s. I am afraid I didn’t have time to take pictures as I went along or to take pictures of the finished project, but I hope to be able to do that this weekend and post the project here early next week. I will a...
Despite a slow down due to cold weather, I have been able to get bits and pieces done, to where I can see the end is in sight for this project. Since my last post, I was able to get the glue scraping done on the top, get the corners rounded, round over the edge and get the whole top sanded down to 220. Even without any finish, this made a lot of difference in the look, and I really like it. Over the course of a few days, I also finished sanding the drawer boxes and the main base of the...
The first version of the coffee table include corner built legs. Two 1×4’s screwed and glued up at right angles with the bracing side curved in 3 inches above the floor. My more intelligent better looking half did not like the legs so I had to redo them. My style is called rustic. The entire table top is made from deck boards 5/8×6 by 35. The boards were rough sanded then biscuit joined and glued. Now the legs are 19” x 5 1/2” x 3 1/2’ landscape timber cut...
Thanks to the cold weather and some other things that had to be done, progress has slowed on this project. Last week I completed the drawer boxes and rough dimensioned the boards for the top. Today I finished dimensioning the top and got it all glued together. I was able to warm my shop up to about 70 today for the gluing, but brought the top in over night so I wouldn’t have to heat the shop as the outside temperature drops. In this picture, the grain on some of the boards loo...
Some friends of mine run a local Coffee Roasting and Espresso Bar here in my area (Michigan), and they contacted me about building six new table tops for their coffee shop. For the design, we decided to inlay their company logo in each table. I’m using Maple, Walnut and Cherry. I decided to start with making the star. To save some work, I made just two variations, but made them thick enough so that after the glue up, I could slice them in to multiple st...
My schedule didn’t work out as planned last week, but this past weekend things moved along nicely. I have completed construction of the base of the table. There is still a lot of sanding to do but for now I am ready to move on to the next step. You can see the pine lumber on the inside which will support the full-extension drawer slides. This was a case where lack of planning actually caused more work than should have been necessary, but as I was drawing up the plans I...
I made this table a couple months ago and it was my first coffee table i came up with the design myself and am working on tweaking it as i go on, please leave any input you feel necessary and let me know what you think NEWAGEWOODWORKS
This is a project my friend and I have been talking about for a while. Between both our schedules it’s been tough being able to actually start this and it will take a while to complete as well. The design we are going to use is something that my friend came up with, it’s his table after all ;). Today we drew up a rough sketch and picked up some maple and cherry for the top. The idea is to have a table top with a removable chessboard in the center. Underneath will expose an ice ...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1815 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 130 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 115 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 91 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 82 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1840 entries
- dbhost - 448 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- mafe - 322 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- Dave Rutan - 265 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 254 entries
- robscastle - 253 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 222 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- bandit571 - 213 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries