Watch the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8hT5VQCUSM In this episode, I stain and finish the base and talk a little how I’m not so sure that I made the best decision with stain.
Watch the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDfdmsKaSPo In this episode, I cut the base down to final length and shape it on the router table. Then I put a round-over on the legs and glue them to the base.
Part 5 of the coat rack build: http://youtu.be/SMbNqkkUldE In this video, I finish up cutting the legs out that I had traced from the template last video, then I use a router table for the first time ever and flush trim all of the legs to the template.
Here is part 4 of the video series: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_STCn7xmlY In this one, I trace the template and cut the tenons on the legs that will attach to the coat rack base. I still haven’t done anything for the top of the coat rack, as far as hooks go. I know what I will do for it, i think, but being that I already have no woodworking budget, it may have to wait a little while.
Watch part 3 here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2pcOue9ub0 In this episode, I chop the mortises into the base and make the template I will use for the legs. I need to figure out what I’m going to do for the top (or hooks) of the coat rack. I’m fast approaching that part in the video series, but have yet to decide what to do. I have an idea that I think will work, but I am nervous about messing it up beyond repair. If you’ve missed other parts, here are the link...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1792 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 115 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 110 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 82 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 81 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1817 entries
- dbhost - 436 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- mafe - 313 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 254 entries
- robscastle - 241 entries
- Dave Rutan - 231 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 210 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 195 entries