The long promised video on the Thien trash can cyclone separator buiid is here and done. I kind of forgot I shot this footage… https://youtu.be/o-UHasKSSwQ The install video is coming in the next couple of days. I already have it mostly edited down. Just need to put the ending credits on… I figured I needed to get this one out first though! View on YouTube
From cluttered garage to organized (hopefully) wood shop!! #6: Clutter cleanout complete... time to ORGANIZE!!!!!
I have worked really hard these last few days. It is difficult when an injury prevents me from working too hard, or too long, or putting my body through certain motions… but I have finally finished going through just about every crevasse in the entire room! First things first – before the big reveal – I found some pretty cool items that I would like to post pictures of… In one of my previous blogs, right around the beginning of the whole process, I found a reall...
From cluttered garage to organized (hopefully) wood shop!! #5: Journey continues - time to tackle the bench and tool area!!
This is SUPER slow-going… It is really difficult to see in pictures, for many reasons. Obviously, if someone is viewing the pics, there is only a cursory and “2D” perception of what is really around! But, writing as the person doing all the cleanup? I feel a massive and satisfying sense of accomplishment. And I am not nearly done yet! Finally began removing lots of the items and storage boxes/bins from the garage; I have been staging all the containers ...
The end of this past year saw the essential death of what was to have been a tiny shop/shed workshop. I went over ten months without completing or even beginning a single woodworking project and at the beginning of the year I was convinced it would be a VERY long time before that was to change but….it apparently all came to pass with my grandparents contacting me to let me know they had found me a tablesaw that a widow was parting with a few years after her woodworking husband had pass...
With the behemoth out of the corner, the bulk of the demolition was done. I still had to take down the cabinets, but I decided to go through the junk in the garage first to clear out some space. I should have done this a week or two ago when I piled it all up in one spot, because now I was effectively undoing all that work. Oh well. I sorted everything into three piles: my stuff, my wife’s stuff, and garbage. The garbage piled turned out to be the biggest of the bunch. We appare...
Well despite the weeks best efforts to sideline me on my task of cleaning up my workshop, I got it into some semblance of order. It is not quite where I want it to be yet, but it is a good start. I promised before and after photographs so here goes, I am starting with the after and then the before, I just hope that you don’t kick me off of the site once you see how bad I let my shop get. And Now For The Before Pictures Warning the photographs you are about to s...
Just before starting the new job, I decided to clean up one little area in front of my garage and log racks. I used some 2×4s from that Mexican restaurant that closed down, and pine slats from crates from a restaurant next door to that which was receiving kitchen appliance deliveries at the time (both scores – junky as they may be – here). The wheels were rescued from the simple 2×4 hand truck I made awhile ago, which broke (last 2 pics) from dragging too many huge logs ...
I have redesigned this thing several times, waaay overdesigned it in SketchUp while briefly mad with visions of increasingly elaborate designs in even the most utilitarian of shop storage solutions, and tried to build it 3 times previously, giving up nearly immediately each time when things failed to work out. I’ve switched between construction grade ply and premium baltic birch ply. I’ve failed to account for kerf and cut things undersized, and failed to check ply for square befo...
So over the weekend I stopped by the individual who sold me the dust collector. For another $20 I got 30 foot of 4” hose and some connectors. I then went from there to the Woodcraft store and purchased a cyclone separator lid and some other fittings to adapt to the 2 1/2 ports on the Shopsmith and called it a day. I know when it’s more time/money efficient to just purchase something rather than jumping through the hoops. $25 got me into protecting the impeller blades on the dus...
When last we met, the level of clutter in my basement shop area had hindered my desire to be there. But a recent disaster quickly disposed of the clutter. My shop space is cleaner and more comfortable than it ever was, and the clutter is GONE! You can see more pictures of the newly cleared shop space in my Workshop section here at LumberJocks. It’s good to be back.
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1815 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 130 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 115 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 91 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 82 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1840 entries
- dbhost - 448 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- mafe - 322 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- Dave Rutan - 265 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 254 entries
- robscastle - 253 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 222 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- bandit571 - 213 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries