Here is my first podcast , I’am re-releasing this in the right section of lumberjocks. In this video I go through the making of the basic drafts board. I’am using veneer on this project , I was also thinking about making this project out of purple heart and maple , like a cutting board design. I hope you like this video. Excuse the lighting I will improve the lighting in the second part. The second part of this podcast will focus on making a box to exclose the drafts board ...
Southern Yellow Pine Work Surface (workbench) #3: Glueing up pairs of boards and then glueing up quads
This is the first two boards glued together the night before this picture. I have taken the bolts out and everything looks solid. Time will tell. This first one was probably the worst for glue coverage as I was in a hurry – it has been too long since I glued boards together. I keep thinking that if I didn’t hurry, the glue would set up and I’d have to do everything over again. But I think it will still be OK. I used plenty of glue on both sides and the only part I’...
The desk is finally finished. My niece wants to stain and poly it herself so I’m done with it at this point. Back up to any of the other blogs for background info on this build. The second picture shows the drawer open and the keyboard tray extended after the front cover is pulled down. A magnetic latch holds it in a closed position. Next build: believe it or not, a pellet stove box to hold stove pellets, made to look like a couch end table. Hmm.
My youngest daughter is getting married in September. I’ve decided long ago that i’d make each (I’ve got two) a bridal chest when that time came. Well it’s here and I’m doing it. I’ve made blanket chests before but they’ve been made with raised panels. This one is much simpler. Almost Shaker in nature for the design. It will have large finger or box joints at the corners. I think I’ll make a simple jig for my router to accomplish that. It will b...
11 months ago it was decided we would have new years on our new deck that was only built a month before. So we decided on the spur of the moment to build a bar From there the bar seems to have taken on a life of its own. It no longer an out door bar, it is fully enclosed and water proofed... which in it self was a challenge once was water proofed we got power added so the bar fridge and TV, lights and accessories. The french doors we made at my work and got them installed once they went up...
I was in need of reorganizing my work space, so I started with finishing this fir bench that I had framed up a few years back to double it as a outfeed table. All the wood used was reclaimed, therefore at no cost. At this point I will move it to it’s new spot in my shop and match the table saw to the back left corner and line up for routing out Miter slide tracks in the top. The handles are made of Spalted Oak. You can see a video of the build here… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nppe9...
Here is what I did yesterday: made a long box to keep the wood and glue warm while curing. Everything I needed was laying close at hand – literally! I had four old closet doors that I used as shelves a long time ago that were standing in the corner. I had used a couple of them as a flat work place to start gluing up the boards for my slab. I found 8 little metal angle braces with screws that I had bought a while back and never used. It is 78” long (my 72” boards fit j...
Apologies for mangling French irretrievably there just to force out a pun…. The doors presented a few logistical challenges. Surprisingly, the internal rebate angles were the least of these. The largest challenge was in the form of how best to clamp the main outer frame whilst gluing. The frame comprises morticed hinge and lock stiles with two tenoned upper/lower rails. (the mortice and tenon sizes increased in height which the drawing does not indicate) Prior to any shapin...
This box I made for my son for a birthday gift. He has it now and was pretty thrilled with it. Now the shop is a disaster area as I have it torn apart to build a storage unit in one corner. The box was a fun build, and I really needed the practice. My meagre skills have waned. Over the last year I have not done any woodworking, concentrating instead on getting the shop built. This is the first project to come out of it. This turned out to be a long video so I split it into 2 part...
Its been a while since I’ve posted anything project-related. My time has been consumed with work-work and not wood work. So my wife has this table which she moved into the house when we got married. I can’t stand the thing and it is constantly being bumped, knocked over, and hit into the wall. Its ugly, veneered, and flimsy so I’ve tried everything short of burning it to get it out of there. Finally my wife told me to make something to replace it or get lost. My...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1781 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 110 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Toy costruction - 106 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 81 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 77 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1806 entries
- dbhost - 432 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- mafe - 307 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 254 entries
- robscastle - 235 entries
- Dave Rutan - 228 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 195 entries