I have extended the length of the base to make room for more drawers, and also the length of the top to 96” instead of the WW planned 87” since my material was 10’ long and there seemed to be thought at the time that it would be better suited for what I do… After a lot of planing and thicknessing (those pieces are really awkward and heavy after awhile) I was ready to start with the glue-ups of the top sections. Most of the beech pieces I had were between 6...
So after my HUGE error with the leg vise (it blocked the top drawer)I moved it over and mounted it on the outside of the leg. I’m not 100% satisfied with it, so there will probably be some changes. I did my best to cover up the holes that formerly housed the leg vise’s bottom and screw.Also I put the drawer fronts on the drawers. Here is the new mounting of the leg vise on the outside of the leg. once again, i dont love it, but it will work for now.More later...
I finally past that stinking kidney stone. I was out of work for 2 weeks because of this thing. I passed it Friday afternoon, so now I feel pretty normal now. It just aches now, the pain is manageable. I imagine that it will take a few more days to feel completely better. Anyhow, after 2 weeks off, I was able to get in the shop today and do a bit of work. (Admittedly, I tried while I was off work because I was bored out of my mind, but I could only stand for about 20 minutes, so that ...
well here is the final post in my pull out trash box thing series. figure i’ll get right into it. first i started by adding some 45 blocks to the place where the trash can sits. i had to notch it because that drilling would have been pretty hard without a drill press. i notched it a bit to much though. and i used brass screws. why? because they were the only ones that were short enough to not go through my surface. but to sound smart just in-case someone missed the bucket its good th...
It has been some time since I have updated my blog on my progress. The bench is coming along nicely. I began working on the table top and am learning a lot as I progress. The top requires a lot of work. I don’t see myself building another bench for a long time. I am glad that I thought about what I would need before ever beginning. Since I started my bench, I have seen other’s benches on this site that look great. It has made me think about a wish list for the next bench,...
I know this is a little out of order but I needed to get started on these desks ahead of the garbage can containers. What is great about these desks is that we will be using different kinds of joinery. We’ll be laminating the legs, pocket hole joinery for the aprons and top. Plus there will be some edge banding happening too. You will also see how I build my drawer boxes and the material that I use for this in future episodes. Don’t forget to sign up for Huck’s (hucksdi...
This is the first project I have ever posted on any forum for any experts out there to comment on. So with a little trepidation I submit this to you all to comment on. I’m restoring an old gate leg table I made in 1980 from oak timbers salvaged from a local church tower which was built in 1492. http://j.mp/KU6Cs8. This is a link to the history of the church for any one who is interested. The timbers had to be replaced back in about 1980 due to insect infestation. I’ll wr...
Well, late last night, went out and bought two packs of sandpaper, 60 grit & 100 grit. Gave the pine a good sanding all the way around, with both grits in a Palm sander. Dusted the now smooth mess off. Gave both faces of the door a good thick coat of Kilz Exterior Primer, and let it set overnight. Somehow, I managed to get paint on 9 out of 10 fingers, AND the door, and not one other thing in the entire shop! SKILL! Ok, this morning, brought the door up out of the Dungeon...
My First Real Attempt at a project. A shaker end Table #4: The Table Tops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is the first of the two table tops that I have to do. I used a tounge and grove joint and have the first one in the clamps. The first table top. The next table top layed out to show joints. The toungs on the center board. I thought it would look better if the center board had the tounges only. The grove of the left table edges. The right is the exact same thing, just with it on the other side.
It’s that time of year once again. The 2nd Annual Whirligig Wars event is approaching! Woodworkers around the globe are beginning to construct their whimsical whirligigs with the hope of winning one of the great prizes this year. Whirligig Wars came to life last year when woodworkers across the globe battled it out and waged a war in wood. Due to it’s success Whirligig Wars has gained recognition from woodworkers and woodworking enthusiasts across the globe. In the Summer...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1631 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- ScrollSaw Information and Resources - 68 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1656 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 279 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 227 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 198 entries
- robscastle - 188 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 188 entries
- Rustic - 188 entries
- Chris Davis - 184 entries