Hey Guys & Gals! A quick video showing building a picture frame for mothers day. Really just an excuse to get out into the workshop. Sorry if you have alrady seen this ( I have already posted this as a project when I decided I wanted to blog this) ENJOY!
I’ve actually managed to be busy lately despite wrapping up some plans from an archaeological site for a friend. First things first, I’ve managed to wrap up the creation of the legs for the portable countertop. I’d like to get some brass gas fittings to turn on the ends but so far no luck finding ones that fit around here. The lets are about 1.25” diameter and nothing seems to quite be that size. The fourth leg was turned, all four were then put back on the lathe fo...
short lil bitty, just more planing and trying to figure up glueup. Mainly just a few pics, didn’t take many, phone weighed too much.. initial setup, i moved some around later and liked it betterI had them clamped together to be able to lift the slab and judge some weight..gonna be nice and heavy. Wards Master #6 took a 6.5’ full width shaving for me and had to catch the moment :0 I like where i have them aligned at this point, though i still gotta tweek the gl...
These are the remains of my old working table. I think it was fair to make a new functional. I have a lot of wood pallets, so I used to start the table. I glued all the wood together. A small accident. By breaking a piece of wood with my hands. All the wood boards Pictures tonight with some lateral aggregates Almost ready flattened FFollowing is the plan of the table legs, generally expect a mixture of the following designs. De Workb...
And the brainstorming continues: After much thought, the necessary thickness to recess the t-track would make the jig too thick to allow for use with the router, there simply would not be enough depth left to work with. Why build just a sawboard? On to version 2.0: This sawboard would double as a routerboard on the left side. Base made up of 2 lengths of 3/16” hardboard glued together. Guide on top would be 1”x2” aluminum rect. tube with a groove cut out for 4 feet,...
One of the best things about Lumberjocks is that an individual can be exposed to so many different ways to do the same task. While you are working in your shop, you aren’t really exposed to too many different ways, normally the way you were taught, or how you figured it out, tends to be the way we always end up doing things. This way might not be the most efficient or productive, but it does get the job done. My question for everyone is how do you do the following task: I”...
Well I am making some progress abeit that it is slow. I was in limbo wondering what I was going to do for the false drawer front material. I am trying to keep my cost down and really didn’t want to purchase mahogany to make the fronts out of. I was browsing around one of the hardwood stores that I purchaase from over in Memphis and got to talking to one of the sales reps and told him what I was trying to do and he put me on a species of wood that I had never used before and said that...
The holiday season is almost upon us and just about everyone’s broke and scratching around figuring what little gift that a woodworker would use and enjoy, but will be very reasonable to buy.My middle name must be tight a** because I always find great deals and balk at “wish” prices given out by vendors – They seem to go way beyond my threshold of pain. Here is a couple of items I have got and use more than I thought I ever would – and they are inexpensive. ...
Originally, my legs were going to be 3-3/4” x 4-3/4”. After I got my top glued up, I decided that I wanted a little more beef in the legs. I had enough lumber left over that was already acclimated to my shop. I spent a little time yesterday dressing up the legs and put in a bit of time tonight getting the new pieces planed true and ready to add to the leg laminations. Because of my limited number of clamps, I was only able to get 3 of them glued up so far. Taking a break to wat...
So i finally got some work done today on my box. first i started by making the bottom. because i am using thick material for the sides i wanted to add some rigidness to the box so it is a 1/2” thick poplar bottom and i did the bevel with a hand plane. rather than set up machinery or anything. then it was time to focus on the dividers. these are hard because they are very thin stock and to get them good they have to fit right. so what i did was cut them and did almost what resembl...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1742 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 105 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 79 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1767 entries
- dbhost - 418 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 304 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 245 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 220 entries
- robscastle - 218 entries
- Dave Rutan - 213 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 193 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 190 entries