Well, mosey back down the steps to the shop, GrandBRATS had showed up, and were acting acting…LOUDLY. Time for me to disappear… Got the rest of the mortises chopped out. Went fairly fast, too. I then set about adding the rebate for the plywood shelf. Nothing too hard about it, at least for the short stretchers Just set the Wards #78 to about 1/2” width, and a 1/4” deep. Checked the depth with a combo square on the plywood itself, too. As for the two lon...
Floated down to the shop this morning. Actually felt like doing….something. Started off by cleaning the workbench off. Toolwell had filled up with who knows what. Couldn’t even stick a finger in there without finding the pointy end of a nail. So.. Looks a bit better? As for the trash.. Somewhere in there, was a plastic foot one nails onto the ends of a leg. My shoe found it, of course. Well after the removal of a nail… Got after the tenons that needed to ...
Apologies for mangling French irretrievably there just to force out a pun…. The doors presented a few logistical challenges. Surprisingly, the internal rebate angles were the least of these. The largest challenge was in the form of how best to clamp the main outer frame whilst gluing. The frame comprises morticed hinge and lock stiles with two tenoned upper/lower rails. (the mortice and tenon sizes increased in height which the drawing does not indicate) Prior to any shapin...
Hello all,Just added a new video to my YouTube channel. In this two part video series we build a Mid Century Modern Hall Table with Hairpin Legs. The build is coming along great. Take some time and check it out. when you check out the video don’t forget to subscribe to my channel. Here is a link to my channel & video. Thanks in advance for your support. Here is a link to my channel & video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLScGspjapE
I put in an eleven hour day yesterday on this thing, the work was really kind of fun compared to the tedious work of digging out mortises of the day before. I’ve never tried the draw bore method of locking a mortise and tenon together. I didn’t even use clamps. Well this morning I just had to get the tops to fit on the tenons, so after trimming back a couple of mortise surfaces they both fit down snugly, a very sweet fit. As a bonus, the sides of the tops ended up flush wit...
I was out in the shop/garage at 8am today and didn’t finish until 7pm. I don’t recall taking a lunch break, or any break for that matter, the day just flew by. But I did get a while lot done. Yesterday was all fitting the mortises and tenons. That took all of yesterday and I left it dry fitted together. This morning I had five things to do before I could drill holes for the draw bore joints. I ran the legs across the table saw to chamfer the bottom edges, check the leg v...
Well, got the top almost flat on the “face side” the other day Used a scrub jack plane to get things down to almost flat, other than all them scalloped areas. Got out a little bit bigger, and wider jack plane. This time, it is used like a try plane, going at the diagonals to the grain, until all them scallops are gone. Top still wanted to bow up a bit, so I clamped that end down flat, and left it sit a while…. Well this evening, flipped the top over to work on t...
Whew, my workweek is finally over and now I can have some fun. I’ve been thinking all week about today, particularly what I still need to get to push this project along. I needed a jig to cut the mortises, and I was looking at pattern bits and I came away with an education. Top bearing straight cut pattern bits are expensive. I didn’t want to spend that much so I went to woodcraft last week when I bought my last pieces of wood for the leg and rail, and picked up a guide bushing fr...
and maybe another table to build?Piled up the “supplies” on the bench. Found a couple other boards as well A couple short 2×4s (legs?) and some assorted 1xs. Those long things in back? Are a couple 3/4” x 6” x 120-1/2” planks of pine. Took the cleaned up 2×4 x36” out of the vise, cleared the benchtop of the rest. Placed the Gray 2×4 x 48” in the vise to joint both edges. Will do the rest of it after it is cut down to le...
Had a surprise today, more funds available in the budget than I thought so I went to the lumber yard and got the wood that I needed. Got it all milled up and the front rail is now in the clamps. Due to my clamp shortage, I’ll have to glue up the last leg after I get home from work tomorrow night. But that’s good because it’ll set me up perfect for next weekend’s activities. I picked up a 2 – 5/8” forstner bit for the plastic bearing ring, a 4” fors...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1542 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 94 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- ScrollSaw Information and Resources - 68 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1567 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 394 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 269 entries
- William - 258 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- shipwright - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 188 entries
- Rustic - 186 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 181 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 170 entries