Since this is supposed to open like a large book. Back page has been finished up. I placed a blank in the clamps this morning for the second page. Added the outsides on the bottom page.. Only need three pieces, this time. Page one did need some slots made, though.. Because there needed to be a way to lift a bit up out of the holder. Backsaw to define the slot. chisel to chop it out.. Then marked the side pieces for height, and saw them to size. Had to keep track of which se...
Not too sure I like how it is going. Played hooky today, tomorrow I find out about my version of Big Ben’s Knee. Got pretty worn out trying to get ONE holder done. Block was short in length by..~1/8-1/4”....have that fixed. These are the bits I am trying to build a holder for….and, These are the drills I thought I’d use to make the holder.. First hole wasn’t that great. I tried holding the block at a 45 degree angle in the vise. Bit followed th...
GrandBRATS were being just that ….BRATS. Decided to try to hide in the shop for most of the day…...would have worked, too…..but I got “ratted out” by the Shop Cat. He kept banging on the door to the Dungeon Shop, until somebody let him in…....Drat. Well, I checked the four sides, found one was a bit out of flat. Not from warping, just the dummy running the bandsaw. Clamped the offending part to the bench, and plane things flatter.. Corners w...
Latest update on my Octave Mandolin build, In this part I’m Making the Rim. I will leave a link to the video… Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NngwNzVoZ1c
Yet, somehow I keep forgeting that one rule…. Came away from the Doctor’s visit, needing X-rays and Dr. Feelgood for a sore knee, I now have a Handicap thing to hang in the window of the van,,, I thought that somewhere in the shop, there were a few wood screws. Slotted heads, hopefully Brass ones….nope. Went to Lowes, to by a few screws…..#8×3/4” round head, slotted Brass screws…...that were priced like they were gold plated. 3 little ...
Just one of them days…..while waiting on the help to rouse himself out of bed…..went to the shop for a little while. Set the beltsander into the vise. The three leg blanks were wavy, and a couple were a bit fat. Turn the sander on, and hit the lock button. Held each part on the moving belt until the saw marks were gone, sides were flat. Found out that the inside curve was a decent enough of a match.. That it would fit the front roller. Got rid of some other saw m...
Well, the Cherry box is awaiting a delivery this coming Sunday. There is a little bit of leftover Cherry sitting around. Time to cut the other slab down to size? This used to be 7’.....cut the top slab at about 38” long. The other two add up to about 4’...Decided to cut the long slab down a bit.. Took a lOT of candle wax to cut through 2-1/4” thick slab. What I though was another slab of Cherry, turned out to be… Walnut. This slab was 9/4 thic...
Walnut Vanity and Live edge backsplash #1: Building a Walnut Vanity with Live Edge Backsplash and Inlays
Here are some build pictures and notes about my process of building the floating vanity and live edge backsplash with ebony bowtie inlays. If you are interested in the fine details of the build please read my personal blog Building Walnut a vanity or watch the youtube video below. I started out filling the unwanted holes in the vanity top with epoxy Cut the angle on the top with skill saws and beveled the end on the table saw with glued on guide Glue blocks to clamp the ang...
Well, snuck back to the shop for a bit. The sides for the lid needed a bit of rounding over… The problem was here in the corners, Didn’t want the one roundover to run through the others. The shorter ends, I could just run through, the longer ones I did not want to on the insides. Got the short ends into the vise….what to round over with? too small for the corded router, did not have a small enough bit, anyway. A few passes with a block plane solved that. Not a...
Managed to sneak down to the shop, the other night. Set up a jig to plough some grooves Called a K.I.S.S. Jig…..About the only way I could think of to hold these lid frame parts still, long enough to make a groove. Set up the Stanley #45 Wasn’t enough room in there for the sliding section, left it off. A #11 cutter was used. Candle wax to make things slide better. Nice Curlie Qs? Tried a second one.. 2 for 2! Ok, these were the “short” pieces. As...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1792 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 115 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 110 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 81 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 81 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1817 entries
- dbhost - 436 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- mafe - 313 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 254 entries
- robscastle - 241 entries
- Dave Rutan - 231 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 210 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 195 entries