Right hand sideLeft hand sideThe underside I not certain that this qualifies for a “project” but it’s been raining here for the last two days (on vacation not withstanding!) so I had to do something. The base started from a 12×12 blank of 1/8” hardboard and trimmed down to final size of 12×11-1/16. I made the base a lot wider on the left hand side so that I can use the saw with my good hand (left hand). The way is was before, the motor would hit the c...
It’s going to be a year or more before I can start working on the real built-ins for the office. More if Craigslist doesn’t somehow manage to cough up a whole bunch of inexpensive cherry and we actually have to buy the lumber for this retail. In the mean-time, I needed some storage for the office, and I’ve been wanting to do more stuff with sweeping curves, so I decided to take some scrap plywood and a bunch of thin maple that was left over from cutting out the door frames f...
I wanted a low bookcase, so I looked on LJ’s projects list for ideas. Dr. Sawdust had made one that I liked, so I started the same one. After visiting the lumberyard (ouch!) it’s time to break down the plywood. Betsy had asked about this a while back so here are some pictures of how I do it. I use a base made of 2×4’s with lap joints: Then I lay down the sheet and set up the EZ Guide from Eurikeazone: With the guide there is no worries about the cut being st...
This is probably a common technique, with a name, but it only occurred to me today. I gave it a shot, and it worked out really well. I’m going to use it from now on for non-through cuts, and by that, I mean rips and crosscuts that don’t go from one end to the other, but do cut through bottom and top of the ply. Basically, once I set the blade height, and fence, I run the cut up to a 2” mark I make from the leading edge. Then I back it out, flip it over, and measure the di...
With Yardbirds going out of business, I bought a bunch of stuff to run some new electrical (although even with the discount their wire was no cheaper than other sources, so I had to pick and choose), and in the process of picking conduit paths through the garage I cleaned out the shop. So yesterday I milled a whole bunch of wood into door frames. I’d picked up a bunch of eastern hard maple off of Craigslist, random sizes, about 5’; lengths, so I took the ones closest to my door...
So I’m getting geared up here and placed an order last week for a new Millwaukee circular saw with Diablo 40 tooth blade. I also ordered the EurekaZone rail system SGS-100. Had an issue with both orders. :-( The Diablo blade arrived missing a tooth. I have emailed Toolup.com on Saturday night (last night) and am awaiting a respose. The EurekaZone rail system arrived with a broken anti-splinter guard.I emailed them on Thursday regarding the issue and have yet to hear from them. ...
As a beginning woodworker without a large shop full of tools, I’m was at first skeptical about my ability to get by and produce interesting things without tools like a table saw or band saw. One of the things that’s really helped me get by is the cutting guide. I built a massive 8’ long cutting guide for my Ryobi circular saw, which makes it about 1000 times easier to chop up plywood without being dependent on the table saw I don’t have. I decided this evening tha...
This weekend’s goal is getting the cabinet beside the stove to at least have a usable counter-top. We picked up a beaten up 10’x2’ glued up piece of maple countertop off of Craigslist for $50, and that’s becoming the surface for beside the stoive, and the narrow counter for under the window, with a backsplash cut from the scraps. Today I took a deep breath and cut the first pieces. As I said, the counter-top was pretty beat up with a few gaps, so as I sanded...
I debated whether I should put this entry here or over at HomeRefurbers, but that site really hasn’t taken off yet, and the process of coming up with our kitchen cabinets is feeling a whole lot more like woodworking than it is home improvement. Although an upgrade from the 1 person 1947 kitchen will certainly be an improvement. My arm was good enough this weekend to play in the shop again. My main project was to mock up a prototype to some lightweight appliance lift ideas I̵...
The cover of the roof with wood is finished. I made side rails on my own way. The view from underneath is satisfying for me.
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1742 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 105 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 79 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1767 entries
- dbhost - 418 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 304 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 245 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 220 entries
- robscastle - 218 entries
- Dave Rutan - 213 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 193 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 190 entries