The mortises were done so the next step was to shape the base. I cut the outline of the curves first with a saw then shaped with the spokeshave. It is so nice on endgraing when it is sharp. The end result is very smooth and the shavings chocolate shavings from a cake. It feels great when it is properly set up, it makes quick work of the curves, even on end grain Then I cleaned the parts a bit with the number 6. Does a great job. Next I cut the notches for the 2 c...
Hey everyone. I am offering exclusively to LJs frees shipping at www.oregonburls.com Here is the scoop!Orders over $75 I will pay for shipping excluding slab or heavy items (only in the USA). Email me with what you would like and I will invoice you and give you free shipping.Dont forget to sign up for the monthly wood give firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease spread the word Merry Christmas!
Well, I found out what was wrong with my mortising set up – the drill bit inside the mortise chisel was bent and causing the chisel to jam. I tried another chisel that had never been used and it worked, so I went old-school. I started and ended the mortising with those whatchamacallits, chisels! Thats it! I marked out the mortises with a pencil, then went around the perimeter with a chisel. I only went deep enough to cut the surface fibers, maybe 1/16”+, and got a nice outli...
Using Oil Stones Again, Water Stones Now Stowed Away Ollie gave an excellent review of Norton Water Stones and I posted most of the comments below at that review. I think perhaps it was a bit out of place there and offer my apologies to Ollie. I just wanted to present some of my experiences with water stones out in public in case there are others out there that are getting a bit disillusioned with using them. I’ll preface this with, “the vast majority of woodworkers will disagree with...
Amongst other things Laid out a few tools to install some hinges The scratch awl will mark the screw location, just a tap or two. Then run a steel screw in a bit. That way, a pilot hole is done. Marked out the hinge locations, using the hinge itself. Then a bit of chisel work on the top edge of the case Then pare away the waste. mark the screw holes with a pencil, use the awl to start a hole.. Used the locations on the case to lay out where they will go on the lid. Firs...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DISCLAIMER: This article is based on personal experience and preference. I am not responsible for absolutely any personal damage, monetary loss or any “bad happenings” that came/come about through the outcome of this article. By reading this article you 100% agree to the terms of the previous statements. Again I am 100% NOT responsible for any bad mishaps that come about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Almost all woodworkers ...
This is a wooden mold for gingerbread. It used to be in many cottages in our cantry. This one belonged to my great-grandmother and could be some hundret of years old. This was one of my very first carvings about threeyears ago. Now I made this carving again and hope it is a little better than the first one.It is realy very easy and I would like to invite you to follow. Stuff preparation. You need only one chisel and one knife. And you carve layer by layer. (I need a little more ...
Continuing on with the eBay chisel. I had to make the bevel correct after it had been ground down or incorrectly filed
This table is special I suppose because it is my first. My shop being set in all natural conditions sure made this a spread out project, there were some truly brutal hot and humid days that let this sit and wait for a better time to work with it. I wanted a piece that had touches of rustic warmth supported with lines of a Renaissance rhythm. To stand back and see the entire composition in it’s thought out form, from some ragged sketches to this on my living room floor is a nice reward for ...
Well at least the wood came from such things as a dumpster. Cut a few things Had to cut a place for some legs to go. and a few cut-outs about 4” up from the leg’s bottom edge. A stretcher was needed between the two legs. And after all the legs, and stretchers are assembled, time to make a toolwell area too. A 5/4×3-1/2” piece off an old door, for a front apron, regular 2×4s for the ends and a 2×4 for the back apron. Had some lap joints to mill o...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1808 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 129 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 113 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 91 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 81 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1833 entries
- dbhost - 440 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- mafe - 321 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 254 entries
- robscastle - 245 entries
- Dave Rutan - 245 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 214 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- bandit571 - 201 entries