Fitting the frame to the legs The face of the burl, it has been rough sanded with a belt sander and then with an orbital sander down to 400 grit sizing the stand
Happy New Year! I spent the day editing more video and got part 3 of the essential oil rack done. Designing on the fly and making changes as I go. Still more video to edit so stay tuned! View on YouTube
This time I mark the layout for how the butterfly hinge is going to be installed. Then I use a steel rod and bushings to create the hinge mechanism. This all gets installed into the support system of the table so the leaf will store under the table when it is not in use. I also show how I add the splines to the edges, and a cool way to hide the end grain of the splines. Then I level the table halves, then the leaf to the rest of the top. Almost complete! As always, I welcome your questio...
I have startide to build a hand plane and saw storage.
With the holidays over and the house starting to return to normal I took the time to edit some more video on the essential oil cabinet I made for my son for Christmas. A lot of hand work over a lot of days, and a long time to edit it too. View on YouTube
Before I got tired of fighting things. IF I got too angry in the shop…..time to quit for the day. better luck the next day, right? Anyway, I had the aprons to mill into something usable….I hope. Ends needed cut at an angle ~@ 15 or so degrees…closer to 10, maybe. I used the bandsaw to cut the ends…..too much stuff in the way to use the mitrebox…plan so far is to splay the legs out a bit, almost like a Tavern table. Was trying to figure out how ...
About the end of August I decided I had better get started on building something or would have nothing for Christmas. I started the layout and cutting material for the build. I had resawed a bunch of maple for drawers on my toolbox build so had quite a bit of maple about 5/16 thick that I planed down to 1/4” and cut up some walnut. I was just getting ready to start glueup when a friend called and wanted to know if I wanted to run the Main Salmon. That was a no brainer of course I wa...
In this video, I build a home made marking gauge from scrap wood. https://youtu.be/m5ehhwZaghU
And maybe some finish on this table? Went out and bought a few supplies today…..a pint of gloss Poly, a brush for it, and pads for the table’s feet.. Pads for the feet? Yep, I try to add these things to the tables I make. It helps save the ends of the legs, and it saves the flooring. Just simple nail in things. I just center them in each leg. A few whacks with a hammer to drive them home. Before I did this little chore, I had to make six plugs. Have a Veritas ...
Well, since the last time I was here…...Got a glue up somehow done. Test fit wasn’t too hateful…..tried to clamp it up with glue on the tenons…... Well after letting that mess cure for a day or so…... Did you ever have to use a hammer while clamping up a glue up? One Pipe clamp kept trying to rotate right back off….Add a c clamp to put a stop to that. Had to rotate the second one, for a better “grip”. Then had to add the third...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1727 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 98 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1752 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- dbhost - 410 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 301 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 237 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 213 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- robscastle - 207 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Dave Rutan - 205 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 193 entries
- Rustic - 190 entries