Hi again, this weekend was slow because all the fingerboard work, let’s see: Slots for the fret line position inlays ready, made by hand with a hacksaw going really slow to avoid any mistakes. It may be a couple a little bit bad, but noting too obvious :) All the maple inlays ready to be glued and trimmed Inlays closeup Fitting each inlay Inlays done! And now side dots, made with flux core solder, drill each hole, fill it with a small length of solder, melt it with a s...
Hi there, this weekend another project got my attention for a couple of hours so I guess I’ll need another weekend to finish the guitar. So, I could only glue the fingerboard to the neck and apply the first hand of polycrylic finish but I’m almost at the end of the project, yeah! Getting ready for the fingerboard gluing: This time I went with yellow glue to have more time to set the clamps, it worked as expected An hour later, after cleaning some glue run-outs the neck...
Well, technically it’s not a cigar-box guitar because the (new) box was made for 3 small sample bottles of booze, Port to be precise. The name Amália has everything to do with a Portuguese Fado-guitar being the inspiration for this build. More detailed pictures on Triple Chaos
Hi everyone, finally I come back with a blog for a little project I been doing in my free time for the last 2 weeks. As it was bound to happen I think, having been a professional musician for nearly 20 years and now interested in woodworking as a hobby among some other things, finally bit the bullet and started building a CBG (cigar box guitar), and this is the short story, short because there really is not too much to tell as the build can be as simple or complicated as you want it to be....
3 Strings CBG (cigar box guitar) #6: This cigar box guitar is done but I think the journey just began!
Hi there guys, I had another long weekend (revolution day over here) so I managed to finish my first cgb, whee! So, first I did the last polycrylic coat(satin) and wet sanded with 1200 grit, the plan was to do some polish to the finish… but it turns out that, when wet sanding this finish it looks and feels just like the necks in 3 of my factory made guitars – natural matte look, and smooth to the touch- which I love a lot so no polish needed!, and that means a lot less elbow gr...
Old school dulcimer frets. Holes drilled, 12 gauge copper wire hammered into a staple, then pounded into place. I got excited near the end and just rushed putting everything together. The copper nut I had planned was way too high so I improvised with a piece of scrap ply, will go back and redo that later. The tail isn’t finished or glued. The strings aren’t cut. I used zither pins instead of machine heads (I had a bunch and thought, why not?). Here is a pic, semi-finished, ...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1742 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 105 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 79 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1767 entries
- dbhost - 418 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 304 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 245 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 220 entries
- robscastle - 218 entries
- Dave Rutan - 213 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 193 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 190 entries