Today I cut miters on the lid’s trim. Afterwards I was able fit the splines into the slots I cut in the trim parts and the lid. Then I wanted to check if every dimension was good by seeing the lid on top of the chest. Oh yes, I also fastened the ship-lapped bottom boards with #6 1 inch long Fh wood screws. I will need to take a flush trim router bit around the outer case walls. Some of the bottom boards are a bit proud of the case. This flush bit will shave those proud spots flu...
At the moment I have a guitar with a reglued bridge on my work table and since the chair is on hold until I buy some wood, I decided to do something small. I’ve had a new set of seven brad point bits for over a year and they’ve lived on my drill press table, just scattered about. Today I decided to build a wooden case for them out of scrap wood. The photo is of he glue up. I’ll be adding a hinged wooden lid to add to the ‘looks-like-a-10-year-old-made-this’...
TrimChests and wardrobes benefit greatly from the added visual detail of trim applied at the top of the case. Watch this video to see how I cut the cove for the trim on my Dr. White’s chest. Trim after application and prior to final sanding. Out-of-focus shot of the temporary fence set-up I used to make the cove cut. Be sure that your clamps have a good hold. Often, the areas under or near the edge of the table saw are difficult to attain a good clamp hold. NOTE: Years ago,...
DJ wants “overflow” storage for her bathroom stuff and towels. And as y’all know … what DJ (or whoever YOUR equivalent is) wants … DJ gets. Time to buy some plans !! No. Wait. Not THIS time. THIS time, I’m going to actually design AND build something. [Lord, help us all….] Flipped through a few of the volumes from my awesome collection of used woodworking books. Special shout out to “Illustrated Cabinetmaking,” by...
Just tidying up my videos. Here is a book shelf I made last year in our old shop. We get to move into our new shop Monday 12/03/12 . Will post some video of the new set up.
Just thought I’d post this unique christmas gift I got; A bamboo wood iPad case. My brother got an Ipad 2 so he gave me his old one, which is in brand-new condition. The case looks great but boy was it a hassle to get on. It was too tight and would not fit. Heres my thoughts on why this is: I’m guessing it was made in a more humid environment, and when it was made, it fit perfectly. But when it was shipped to Canada, a more dry climate, it shrunk slightly. Anyhow, I ma...
I have finally completed the case. What took so long was making each drawer. Because I am still new to woodworking I make little mistakes here and there. These mistakes made it impossible to cut out all the pieces for each drawer in uniform size. I had to custom size each drawer. I have none the less completed them all have moved all of my board games into the case, which fits perfectly. I am going on a road trip and will be bringing my new case with me. So the case will be getting a real tes...
Well I had to go back and re design the case once again. I got a comment from Mark Shymanski asking if the boards to these games fit in the case. I of course went and got my board games to test the fit out and realized that a few of them where a bit larger then the case. I had originally designed the case to have enough space between the closed drawers and the sliding front to fit large boards. But in the process of making the case I forgot about this detail. I decided I would go back and ...
I decided to go back and redo the exterior walls. I wanted to learn how to use my router anyways so I thought I should start here. I am not sure whats its call but I make grooves for the shelving units to fit into as well as the front face of the case. I was originally just going to have it set in place and clasp onto the front but thought it would look nice if it had a channel to rest into. The router works great and I think i got the hang of it. So far everything is coming out much nicer th...
I got a 8’ 1” x 10” board and cut 2-14” sections and 2-26 1/2” sections. I ripped one of the 26 1/2” boards 3” in to create the top lid. After nailing the pieces together I was about to work on getting proper dimensions for the interior drawers. I decided before finished the day off I would make a test drawer. I created the front, back and both walls. I then decided I would make them box joint together and it worked out very well, since it was my firs...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1742 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 105 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 79 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1767 entries
- dbhost - 418 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 304 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 246 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 220 entries
- robscastle - 218 entries
- Dave Rutan - 213 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 193 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 190 entries