I finally finished the paint and assembly and here is the completed piece! I’m really pleased with the over all look of the piece and how it turned out, although I might make some changes in future mechanisms. The action is pretty realistic and I learned the true meaning of being “glued to the saddle”.....this cowboy would always get bucked off until the application of some glue to the seat of his pants. Here are a few pictures and a link to the video. I really appreciat...
I just received some photos of a couple of the Remington 600 stocks I carved and posted as a LumberJocks project. Here’s the project showing a Remington 600 stock carved from a figured walnut blank. ! And now for the finished rifle! A Remington 600 Mohawk in .222 Remington. Left side view. And the right side of the rifle. The customer finished the rifle and it’s ready to take to the shooting range. The second rifle stock the same customer finished was this pr...
Recently, I read a blog by littlecope entitled Make Something!. Apparently Mike, on occasion, does something just for the spirit of it, just to have fun (whatever that is). It has been a hectic week and haven’t had much shop time, but I did find a few hours in the middle of the week in which I could do a little something. So I thought I might see what this “Fun” thing was all about. I have a vast collection of scraps, parts of branches of trees, broken furniture, basicall...
http://vimeo.com/19502657 I found this thought it was a bit enlightening - kinda artsy
This fireplace surround is in my retreat center – http://www.RedBarnRetreats.comI made it using old barn boards from the original barn. All I have to do is grout the tile and install the switch.Another project to check off the list! I’ve already made the basswood mantle board that I will chip carve. When it is done I’ll remove the barn boards on the face and install the one that’s carved. Planning ahead, doncha know!
When my darling wife allowed me to use our family room as my wood shop I needed to make a bench. living on a fixed income causes me to be very creative in acquiring tools and materials. I have posted about Freecycle before so I won’t rehash that again unless anyone has any specific questions. Anyway I did some dumpster diving and was able to get a few old solid wood doors, which I promptly took apart and made a down and dirty work bench. It was ugly and a bit wobbly but it served it&...
I’m starting to get close to completion. I got the base finished and made a few adjustments to the mechanism. I got the hat on the cowboy, which is an interesting little process. You basically take your beautifully carved little head and slice the top off with a bandsaw! A disc sander then helps you get it nice and flat to fit in a recess carved in the bottom of the brim, which is separate from the crown of the hat. You might be able to make out the buttons and end of the belt that ...
I’m wondering what you think about my adding some color to this chip carved plate. From the start I’d planned on adding a light, transparent, oil-based green color to the leaves and red to the berries.But now that I’ve gotten this far in the finishing process, I really like the way it looks and I’m chickening out when it comes to doing anything else to this chip carving.What do you think?
Hi Folks,Before I continue with finishing the neck and scroll I decided to do the contours of the cello back. As I have a whole day working I want to get this job done. Its quite hard work and you need to pace yourself. A few weeks ago I joined the two halves of the back using hot hide glue. I didn’t have my camera so I borrowed this photo to show what the outcome is. The link to follow for the image is http://www.jasminedavis.com/cello/gallery/albums.php its an excellent site for the c...
Thanks to unusual snow-fall amounts in Arkansas, I’ve had a few days off and have been able to get the mechanics and a good portion of the base completed. I am a better wood-carver than I am a wood-worker, but I keep trying, thanks to all the inspiring projects people post on Lumberjocks! The construction and design are pretty simple, which is about all I can handle. I wanted a base that would be steady, when the toy is cranked, and I wanted it to be a little tall, to attract attent...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1780 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 110 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Toy costruction - 106 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 81 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1805 entries
- dbhost - 432 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- mafe - 307 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 254 entries
- robscastle - 233 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- Dave Rutan - 221 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 203 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 195 entries