I expected to be farther than I am but things kept getting in the way. It’s hard finding time for everything when you are retired.I pulled the clamps scraped the glue squeeze out and sanded to 220. I started to install the drawers for the final fit and found two drawers wouldn’t fit. I had glued in one of the drawer dividers upside down. After talking to myself a little I took a walk came back and cut one of the drawers down fit great and made another drawer. That turned out ...
Yesterday and a little bit this morning was spent jointing and fitting the front, back and drawer dividers. I now have a complete carcase. Drawer dividers in and fit. Front and back installed and fit. I need more practice on my mortises but they got better as things progressed. Should be fairly easy to cover the mistakes. On to the lid and drawers.
These are my original design ideas for making my jewelry boxes. These diagrams may be a little confusing because I did not intended for them to be published. You guys are so nice, I had no choice but to share. This design was prevously used for making cigar humidors. I don’t have good pictures of them—sorry. I have lots of detailed instructions for every step to make this box. Just ask and I’ll add more to this blog. The rough cut diagram shows the sequence t...
Although all my previous designing, my efforts to get the piece of furniture to the very best end I can, usually met lots of minor cuestions to be solved, before finishing the job to my complete satisfaction. And this is the reason why the work sticks to the bench towards the end. Actually I’m never 100% satisfy. That’s the price I pay for the personal discoverys that represent my designs. Others don’t find it that much important, but it i...
Well had a interesting time in the mountains. We had a bear that kept coming around, until the Game and fish finally came and took care of him after he broke into a couple of other cabins in the area. After that it was a relaxing time spent catching fish and enjoing the cool mountains Anyway, back to the serving tray. I decided not to add any more keys for fear of messing up a good thing. The silver wire inlay proved to be a little more difficult than I anticipated but for the first ti...
I started this project because I needed something to keep me busy until I decided on my next big project. I got the initial idea of doing a serving tray from the summer contest, not because I thought I could win but because it would give me something to do and also allow me to challenge myself. The bottom is a glued up panel of soft maple with a 1/8” walnut inlay of walnut. I cut the inlay out using the router with a 1/8” bit held free hand cutting close to the line and then c...
I have been doing a lot of little things to get ready for glue up. I cut the mortise for the lid latch and fit the escutcheons in the keyholes. The escutcheons came out pretty close to straight up and down and in alignment. drilled and mounted the drawer pulls and handles. Yesterday afternoon put the finish on all of the inside surfaces. Sanded and put a second coat on this morning. I’m using amber shellac on the oak, clear on the Bubinga. About 10:30 this morning I glued up...
The dovetails and mortise and tenons on the carcase are done. My dovetails are getting better. Practice does make a difference. Tails done time for pins Its square. Cutting the mortises. The tape makes the knife marks easier to see, A little touchup on one end and we can cut and fit the panels front and rear.
In this time lapse woodworking video I’m using a vacuum bag to laminate 2 panels together, to create a single 3/8’’ thick panel with Bubinga and Walnut on either side. I had the 2 different veneers already on a mdf substrate, so it was simply cutting to size applying glue and turning on the press. Hope you enjoy and thanks for watchingPaul
a journey in shaper cutter, please come for the ride, stay for the 411 #1: An educational journey in shaper cutters, teachers & professors needed to take the reins.
I have over the past few weeks been able to start taking some overstock merchandise, merchandise that the customer either forgot about or didn’ t have the funds to pay after the customer used the companies sharpening service. Some of the blades, router bits and some shaper bits , I will be keeping for my self but, to be albe to buy more I have to sale items I don’t normally use or if there is way more of an item or group of items than I can use myself. This is one of those time. ...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1815 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 130 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 115 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 91 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 82 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1840 entries
- dbhost - 448 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- mafe - 322 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- Dave Rutan - 265 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 254 entries
- robscastle - 253 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 222 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- bandit571 - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries