Pics will be on in a few min- will edit when I’ve got em all, hang in there ;) After making my small cherry smoother which worked great, I decided I wanted to up my game and build a more traditional styled plane. I also wanted it to be toted and have a harder wood for the sole of the plane. I chose to use cherry again because it’s what I had and it is very beautiful. For the sole I chose purpleheart- mostly because its what I had, but its also extremely hard and it is actua...
Although all my previous designing, my efforts to get the piece of furniture to the very best end I can, usually met lots of minor cuestions to be solved, before finishing the job to my complete satisfaction. And this is the reason why the work sticks to the bench towards the end. Actually I’m never 100% satisfy. That’s the price I pay for the personal discoverys that represent my designs. Others don’t find it that much important, but it i...
Quick, which is bigger, 5/16th or 11/32nd? Having trouble? Try this. Which one is bigger 10 or 12? Easy right? I’m all about easy and trying to remember how to convert fractions isn’t really something I want my brain working on with spinning sharp blades around. I’m not sure why we can’t be like the rest of the world and use “metric” for measuring, but it would make life a little easier in the shop. I might be a little biased since I have formal e...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=637nmSZ7aNA Follow along as I walk through my wood working shop while I talk about the projects and tools that are currently in the shop. Oh I start with a quick look at my new movable chicken coop!
:O) I am a bit excited. I finally have a set of GRR-Rippers in the shop. I have been wanting one for a long time. So I put together this video to show you just a couple reasons why I am pumped up about these helpful shop accessories. Not only are they keeping me safe, but they are allowing me the opportunity to perform tasks I couldn’t perform before… That in itself has got me doing backflips… lol Here is a look at the video
These are my original design ideas for making my jewelry boxes. These diagrams may be a little confusing because I did not intended for them to be published. You guys are so nice, I had no choice but to share. This design was prevously used for making cigar humidors. I don’t have good pictures of them—sorry. I have lots of detailed instructions for every step to make this box. Just ask and I’ll add more to this blog. The rough cut diagram shows the sequence t...
I started this project because I needed something to keep me busy until I decided on my next big project. I got the initial idea of doing a serving tray from the summer contest, not because I thought I could win but because it would give me something to do and also allow me to challenge myself. The bottom is a glued up panel of soft maple with a 1/8” walnut inlay of walnut. I cut the inlay out using the router with a 1/8” bit held free hand cutting close to the line and then c...
A couple of months ago in J.f.F. #71, after a bunch of milling, I came up with some book-matched Bubinga that I said simply must be made into a box… After a trip to New Mexico, to visit with the Patron,and after Debbie and I re-doing our living room,and several trips to the Beach,and a hundred other things I can’t even recall,this Week, work finally began. Oops, Sorry! I kinda lost track!Oh yeah… Bubinga… Box…Actually, all the time that I was doing those th...
Well had a interesting time in the mountains. We had a bear that kept coming around, until the Game and fish finally came and took care of him after he broke into a couple of other cabins in the area. After that it was a relaxing time spent catching fish and enjoing the cool mountains Anyway, back to the serving tray. I decided not to add any more keys for fear of messing up a good thing. The silver wire inlay proved to be a little more difficult than I anticipated but for the first ti...
In this time lapse woodworking video I’m using a vacuum bag to laminate 2 panels together, to create a single 3/8’’ thick panel with Bubinga and Walnut on either side. I had the 2 different veneers already on a mdf substrate, so it was simply cutting to size applying glue and turning on the press. Hope you enjoy and thanks for watchingPaul
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1525 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 94 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1550 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 394 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- mafe - 258 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- shipwright - 211 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 187 entries
- Rustic - 186 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 181 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 166 entries