Kova в проекте понаписал чего-то по-испански))). Я ничего не понял, но по догадкам, вроде бы спрашивает как делал. Делал вот так: Думаю, довольно доходчиво и понятно. Удачи. Алексей.
As we were taking in some rays in the Palm Springs area last month, I had the urge to see some lumber or tools, and realized it was not a long drive to Carlsbad California to the Tropical Exotic Hardwoods supplier. Their website is here It was relatively easy to find with GPS, and the warehouse was large and well lit. There were a few customers while we were there (about an hour), but it was not really busy – it was a week day around lunch time. They had ...
This is the final post for my Veneered Sofa Table project. It is finally finished, the weekend before Christmas. In my last post, I had finished staining the non veneered portions of the table using General Finishes Light Walnut Oil Stain. The only reason that I stained the mahogany was to match an existing piece. Next step was to attached the table top. I was out of figure 8 clips so I created home made fasteners by drilling a pocket screw into a wooden tab and then drilling an ...
Have completed my experimentation with finishing, it is time to finalize the table top. I cut the frame pieces for the table top from the same stock I used for the legs and sides. This turned out to make the table top glue up a little more complicated because I ended trying to place a 3/4” panel in a frame made of 15/16” thick stock. Note that I cut the long members a little wider than the short members so that I can trim them for a final fit around the panel (I will expl...
I appreciate the input from a number of folks about potential finishing methods. I tried a few and settled on a final choice. I started out trying to find a finish that would retain the natural look of the bubinga without significantly changing the color. Unfortunately I failed. I used a scraper to level my last two test boards and then sanded the surface with 320 followed by 400 grit. Tried one side with aerosol spray lacquer – 3 coats and one side with pure tung ...
By Bob “Grizz” PutMAN with a little help from a friend (Jim Bertelson) . . . . Amazing twisted beauty, lies before my eye’s … It’s the Rolling Thunder, what a grand surprise! Surely stored up magic, from an ancient Celtic land, Turned up into rolling wood, by Lew the wizard man. . . . . When such beauty, was soon to be seen, A wonderful happening, from behind the scenes… Taking God’s wood, with your shaping and style, Lew created a gem, that made me smile. . . A wonderful gift Lew made f...
This weekend was more like chemistry class than shop time. I have been experimenting with finishes for the rotary cut bubinga (kevazinga) panels. If I could get a clear coat that did not change the raw wood color, I would be happy. But so far most of my choices have darkened up the raw wood. I am really looking for a clear wood finish that enhances the grain without darkening it. Or a decent coloring that keeps the contrast against the mahogany border without obscuring the grain. ...
I recently finished working on a cutting algorithm app for the iPad and iPhone called Smart Cutter, and wanted to share the app with every one hoping get some feedback from carpenters and wood workers. Smart Cutter finds the maximum number of small pieces cut from a larger sheet of paper with minimum scrap. It employs a state of the art algorithm to generate the maximum number of small pieces cut from a larger sheet of paper, wood, cloth or any other material, with minimum waste. Whether y...
Next step is to create two veneered panels for the top. I believe that a single large, unbroken top would look a little better but I really like the material that I have on hand and I don’t trust my ability to get an invisible seam at the center. So I will feature a break rather than make a poor job of hiding it. I do not have a large vacuum press system, so I will use cauls and clamps instead. I will use two 2’x4’ MDF sections to make a veneer sandwich. I...
While I am waiting for the finish to cure on my tray project, I started my next adventure. I am building a sofa table to match, approximately, the end tables that I made last year (http://lumberjocks.com/projects/22185). I started by sketching out a design on paper with some basic measurements. Usually I get a little more detailed and do a scale drawing (I use MS powerpoint). Since I plan to match the end tables, I need a little less design detail and paper will do. Begin wit...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1792 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 115 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 110 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 82 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 81 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1817 entries
- dbhost - 436 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- mafe - 313 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 254 entries
- robscastle - 241 entries
- Dave Rutan - 231 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 210 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 195 entries