Sorry for the disappearance of the post earlier, here it is again with some better pictures, hand rolled PB 102 grade bronze garden tools made for the wife’s 28th anniversary present. The handles are made from Apple wood.
Today participated in the regional Skills competition in calgary.It was for grades 10-12, I am in grade 10. After 6 hours of work, my box was complete. I brought some beeswax to make my box stand out from the others. The techniques the box required were hand-cut dovetails, rabbet joints, tapers, dados and other regular practices. The box sides are yellow poplar, the ends are cherry and the top and bottom are cherry plywood. I came in bronze (third) and was very happy because this was my fi...
I build wood geared clocks and have been thinking about making the gears looks a little more metal like with maybe some bronze and copper powders in a stain. Has anyone done this before and how did it turn out? I do not want the gears to be bright metal colored just have a hint of aged bronze look to them. I found another clock maker in Russia but the translation is completely lost between responses. The video of his clock can be seen here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrF70MW7c1c It...
This process went pretty quick. I started at 6pm and now it is 10:30. Includes all the photo editing and the whole nine yards. added bronze coating and let dry about an hour. used the stuff on far right. bronzed 6 panel patina acid materials panel after 15 minutes of acid soak panel after 2 hours … ready to get started beartex -............... rub really-really hard, long-long time after beartex rubbing clean off surface with brush and spray on several...
Fired the load yesterday. 14 hour kiln cycle …. cone 1 … around 2000 degrees Unloaded this evening. NO TILE BREAKAGE …. first time EVER !! NO Cracks or anything !! Think the p-clay is the clay for me to use ........... Photo my first complete 6 panel set !!! Never in over 8 trys have I been able to get all 6 to survive. Even when firing mutliple sets one would always break. photo of the metal coatings material photo of primered tiles ...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1585 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 96 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- ScrollSaw Information and Resources - 68 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1610 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 396 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 278 entries
- William - 258 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- shipwright - 213 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 198 entries
- Rustic - 188 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 186 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 176 entries